straight swap????

89highfuelcrx

Ok I have an 89 crx hf it has the d15b6 in it right now (which is ridiculous) i was looking at putting the d15b out of the 92-95 civic/del sol---- 92-95 Civic, Del Sol, SOHC, 16 Valves, VTEC, EX, Si, Replaces D16Z6----- would it just link up to my existing wiring harness and use the same ecu???? i know i would have to do something with the vtec wire but just everything else... I had a 95 civic coupe a d15?? and i was told it was a direct swap for that car but im wondering about this new one.... any help would be great.. thanks

As stated you will need the harness. The transmission you have will work but hf gearing not for performance I would suggest a crx si tranny. You will also *need* the ecu for that motor which is P08, though the one for a z6 will work p28. You can do the swap without converting to obd1, but make it easier in the long run and get one of those exu's.

Ok I have an 89 crx hf it has the d15b6 in it right now (which is ridiculous) i was looking at putting the d15b out of the 92-95 civic/del sol---- 92-95 Civic, Del Sol, SOHC, 16 Valves, VTEC, EX, Si, Replaces D16Z6----- would it just link up to my existing wiring harness and use the same ecu? ??? i know i would have to do something with the vtec wire but just everything else... I had a 95 civic coupe a d15?? and i was told it was a direct swap for that car but im wondering about this new one.... any help would be great.. thanks

well the best way would be to convert to obd1 and use a p28. You don't need the harness just make the changes to your existing harness and get a jumper or do what I did, I got a p28 ecu and installed obd0 plugs on the end of it. I chipped the ecu for 1 wire vtec. I didn't have to use a jumper. The other way would be to notch the original distributor from the hf and bolt it on the vtec engine. Then get a pr3 ecu. wire everything as you would for a b16 swap and get a vtec controller to move the vtec from 6000 to 4000. Those are 2 ways you can do it

Archived