timing belt

jcfbaby

wat do you think about a timing belt kit from autozone? i have low budget thats why pls reply asap

You have too much riding on a timing belt, no use in going cheap, buy OEM. Find some other way to save money, unless you plan on changing it and then selling it right away, even though that is a pretty cold thing to do to someone else.

thank you for the reply i figured that OEM timing belt is worth it when do you think its time to replace my timing belt kit or should i just replace the timing belt? i dont know if i need to replace it already is there anyway i could find out without going to a dealer my car is a 99 cx hatchback engine is strong has 180xxx miles on it just got an oil change and i bearly got this car 3 weeks ago im planning to make it my daily driver so from your point of view what do you think

what he said ^^

with just about any honda, if you do not know and couldn't get the info from the previous owner of when the TB was last replaced just replace it anyway. this way you know it won't snap on you when your on the highway and bend all your valves.

alright then so im thinking of just replacing the timing belt it self im going to get the OEM honda one as you guys insisted, but what do you think about the water pump and the others?

...what do you think about the water pump and the others?

From everything I've read, you should replace the water pump when you replace the timing belt, because you have to remove the timing belt to replace the water pump (if it goes bad). And, the water pump isn't too expensive, so it makes sense to just change it when you change the timing belt. That's what I'm going to do when I change my timing belt soon.

since the WP is under the timing belt you usually do that as well, same thing for the tensioner pulley and bolt. the WP is relatively cheap. the other belts are your preference, they are also pretty cheap and since you have to take them all off it is usually a good bet to do them too.

I replaced my drive belts too when i did my 94ex. They were still okay but they were cheap anyway and it made me happier. I also had a lot of time when i did my timing belt so I removed my valve cover, spray painted it red and adjusted my valve clearances after I installed the timing belt (easier to turn engine without the drive belts). Took me two days though and a few bottles of coronas. Also I suggest checking your engine mounts too. Good luck on your install and have FUN!

• 1 month later...

Archived