K20a In a crx???

VegasCrx88

yes its possible. i think hasport makes engines mounts for the swap now but im not 100% sure. It is very expensive to do compared to other swaps, but if you can do it yourself and custom make parts, then you will save a lot of money. Theres a thread in the Engine part of the forum called K20 Swap done by member Cranny. He just swapped a k20 into his civic. Read this, and it will give you an idea of what youre getting into

• 2 weeks later...

imagine you added boost the the equation. That car would fly, I love that is has a 6 speed tranny. find me a d series tranny that has a 6 speed tranny, 200+ hp stock, is still in production, and can run low 13's when you do let me know.

but until then,

THE K ENGINE IS FU&*ING SWEET.

Had to have the caps.

It is worth the money IMO.

Boost isn't practical on a K.

The gears are MASSIVELY close to one another.

Between spinning and shifting you'll hardly accelerate.

Yup....I'd venture to say that a mild n/a build with K-Pro in a CRX chassis would be quicker than a 350+whp turbo build. THe boosted one wouldn't catch traction and wouldn't take advantage of the shorter gears. Plus having a very streetable n/a honda with bolt on's and a tune running low 12's is nuts.

I can safely say that a friend of mine dyno'd 245 at the front wheels with a bottle shot and some other miscellaneous modifications on a k20a2 in his EH2. On drag slicks, entirely gutted he pounded out consistent 12.0's and a handful of a sub 12 second runs in his car.

Keep in mind when I say gutted, he has no dash, the metal inside of the car has been shaved down as well as numerous other things in the car having been removed.

• 2 weeks later...
TO BE HONEST UR GONNA SPEN ALOT OF MONEY STICK TO THE D16 MOTOR DO A PORT AND POLISH THE HEAD AND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD U COULD USE 75SHOT OF NOS WITH A REGULATOR(FUEL) AT 25PSI. SO YOU MOTOR WONT BREAK AND YOU WILL SAVE ALOT OF MONEY.

are you retarded?

• 2 months later...
TO BE HONEST UR GONNA SPEN ALOT OF MONEY STICK TO THE D16 MOTOR DO A PORT AND POLISH THE HEAD AND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD U COULD USE 75SHOT OF NOS WITH A REGULATOR(FUEL) AT 25PSI. SO YOU MOTOR WONT BREAK AND YOU WILL SAVE ALOT OF MONEY.

Stock FP is higher than that ,,And didnt i see a post from u saying you ran like 12.52 on a shot of NOS

LMFAO

Stock FP is higher than that ,,And didnt i see a post from u saying you ran like 12.52 on a shot of NOS

LMFAO

rofl this may be old but OWNED LMFAO

LMFAO

Good one, but what is up with bringing back dead threads?!?

Archived