rear lower engine mount.

ok...... so heres the deal. 2 of 5 mounts in my baby were bad, so i bought some mount inserts from prothane and energy suspenion and i have 4 of 5 in. the one i dont have done is the rear lower mount and i was looking at it just now and it looks like a bitch. ive changed every mount in this car before except for this one. so i was wondering if anyone knew the easiest way to take out this mount or if i need to just get everything out the way and then go at the mount?

Are you talking about the T bracket mount ? If so get a floor jack and jack it up underneath your motor, don't lift up the motor just put pressure on it so the motor stays in place when you take the mount off, there should be 2 19mm bolts running from the outside of the bracket into the transmission that you have to take out, then there is going to be a 17mm bell housing bolt that looks like it is running just into the trans but it actually runs through it and screws into the T bracket mount also. After removing these take out the 17mm bolt running through the bracket and the mount bolted to the car itself and the mount should come out, you are going to have maneuver it a little for it to come out.

Are you talking about the T bracket mount ? If so get a floor jack and jack it up underneath your motor, don't lift up the motor just put pressure on it so the motor stays in place when you take the mount off, there should be 2 19mm bolts running from the outside of the bracket into the transmission that you have to take out, then there is going to be a 17mm bell housing bolt that looks like it is running just into the trans but it actually runs through it and screws into the T bracket mount also. After removing these take out the 17mm bolt running through the bracket and the mount bolted to the car itself and the mount should come out, you are going to have maneuver it a little for it to come out.

yeah thats the mount but im not looking to take out the metal part just the rubber mount. wouuld taking out tthe metel bracket make it easier though?

Archived