clutch replacement

ducttape2334

my clutch is getting pretty bad and slipping so im saving up my money to replace it but i have several questions since its my first replacement.

1. OEM or aftermarket clutch?

my car is a 1993 s, it has a SRI and i will be completely replacing my exhaust (header, high flow cat, and cat back system shortly)

2. What else should be replaced when i have this done?

Gears, etc.

3. any other helpful info

thanks

well first of all how much money are you looking at spending? and are you planning on doing anything (building the engine ) or just what you stated? and are you doing it yourself ? oem is probably your best bet

EDIT: check your flywheel teeth for wear too

Edited by rocknskulls

It looks like you doing a simple maintenece rebuild of the motor. In that case you might want to check all the Gaskets, Fuel Filter, Water Pump, Oil Pump, Spark Plugs & Wires, and Disrtibutor Cap. You can also do a complete fluid flush on the motor as well. Oil, Coolant, and Brake Fluid. 100% guarentee you'll fell a difference!!

Edited by Speed_Safely

Good advice for maintenance.^

Depending on your wants, you can get very cheap stock clutches from folks who upgrade from stock with low mileage. I got a stock one on here for like 20 bucks or something and like 10k on it.

If you want aftermarket then you gotta start researching, but I would say if you're going to pay retail then go aftermarket cuz you get more for your money.

money doesnt matter to a point...i just plan on doing what i stated (no rebuild)...since its only an S im more then likely just going to drive it for a while and then trade up to a Si or vtec model

i really don't plan on doing all my maintence right now that was suggested due to the fact that im paying for college until summer.

any aftermarket recommendations?

edit: maybe a mini me swap will be done with that nice check coming from the government in a couple months...maybe

Edited by ducttape2334