My "new" '90 Civic Si hatch...

Kasper

Just picked up this 1990 Civic Si hatch last weekend. It's in pretty good condition overall. The body is straight, and the interior is very clean. The engine just needs a little TLC. It idles a little funny, and I believe the rear main seal is leaking, but that's an easy fix. Other than that, it looks good. I'll be checking in whenever I need something, so I'll update the pics along the way too...

These are from the day I got the car, so the motor has be cleaned and the interior has been vacuumed and wiped down.

DSCN0567.JPG

DSCN0568.JPG

DSCN0569.JPG

DSCN0570.JPG

Just picked up this 1990 Civic Si hatch last weekend. It's in pretty good condition overall. The body is straight, and the interior is very clean. The engine just needs a little TLC. It idles a little funny, and I believe the rear main seal is leaking, but that's an easy fix. Other than that, it looks good. I'll be checking in whenever I need something, so I'll update the pics along the way too...

These are from the day I got the car, so the motor has be cleaned and the interior has been vacuumed and wiped down.

DSCN0567.JPG

DSCN0568.JPG

DSCN0569.JPG

DSCN0570.JPG

nice bro looks good i got a 91 civic hatch SIR conversion but overall looks good and the seats look like there in great shape nice work mang

Within the next week or two, I should have some new front tires on it, then I'll adjust the coilovers. They'll drop 2 or 3 inches easily. I'll wash it, and post some new pics then...

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!! I got the new tires I was waiting for, and lowered her today... An extra sweet surprise was pulling the front wheels off for the first time and finding cross drilled & slotted rotors! The guy I bought it from didn't mention them, so I was pretty excited w00t

lowered2.jpg

lowered1.jpg

lowered3.jpg

lowered4.jpg

It actually has a camber kit already... I haven't been able to figure out what company made it, but it's already set to the furthest out setting(pulling the top of the tire outward) The tires only cost $135 for the front two, so I might just leave it as is and see how long it takes to run through a set... I want to swap the no-name brand coilovers out for some H&R springs though...And get some new struts while I'm at it...It's just supposed to be a commuter car, but when you're into modding like I am, it's hard to leave ANYTHING alone...I hate knock-off crap.

I don't know much about the 4th gen's, so does anyone know what lip this is? Its two halves, split right in the center of the bumper... I like it, but the guy had screwed some wood screws into it to make it stay. Just one more thing I'll have to fix in due time...

Archived