tokico suspension

Prangy

ya i heard omni is real nice, i just dont have the money for a coilover set up, i am not racing and crap anyways just wanted that 2 inch lowering for a lil bit better handling and just to be lower and learn how to do it.

i put a brand new full set of tokico blues with springs(set) on a 98 prelude VTEC last night , lol. sits real nice man , never went for a drive in it , but im sure it handles as good as it looks. i also welded his exhaust and put a new rad in it , lol. shop is busy man.

Which tokico's are you using, Hung? The blues?

.. Or are the colors the spring setup... I don't have a goddamn clue. I've never even LOOKED @ Tokico's.

Nah...screw the blues. I'm running Tokico Illumina's (white ones/5 way adjustables).

i have/had the blues with the tokico springs, i was very happy with them until i turbo'd... and at lower speeds they are still great, i am currently switching over to the Function and Form coil overs as i plan to auto-x this year. But as Hung said if you go with tokicos you should probably hit up the illuminas, im sure they are valved quite a bit better at any of the 5 levels than the blues.

I had the Illuminas (though I never adjusted them) and the spring set. I liked it a lot and miss it on my new sol. I think they're still rockin' on EH6's car. I hope he likes them.

I will prolly buy the same set for my new sol, with some anti-sway action. Good value in my book.

Im rockin those tokico springs TS_John gave me still. I like em, it drops the car nicely without going overboard, and still rides smooth.

The only bad point is they arent as stiff as I would like, but for the normal person, they would be great.

i have/had the blues with the tokico springs, i was very happy with them until i turbo'd... and at lower speeds they are still great, i am currently switching over to the Function and Form coil overs as i plan to auto-x this year. But as Hung said if you go with tokicos you should probably hit up the illuminas, im sure they are valved quite a bit better at any of the 5 levels than the blues.

Yeah, the stiffness for the blues is equivalent to the illumina's on level 1.

Is the stiffness increased or decreased with the number? Or, I mean, is one the stiffest or least stiff?

EH6, did you ever adjust the shocks? I have no idea what level they were on, since I think only one had the adjustment part on there, so I would have had to do it, take it off, move to the next one, repeat, and I just didn't care. What do you have them set on right now?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived