SERIOUS TRANNY PROBLEM

sk8r4lf222

so i was driving down the road in my 98 prelude base, probably goin WAY to fast in my 3rd gear (out of 4, auto/triptronic) i know im stupid blah blah, didnt realize i hadnt shifted yet....but yea when i slowed down at a stop light and stopped (no sudden noises or anything) when the light turned green i tryed to accelerate, my car didnt even effin move it just revved to about 3500 rpms....the weird thing is it still goes in reverse, its just when i shift into drive andd push on the accelerator it just sits and revs a lil...wtf did i do??? please help me out

I would say check the clutch but it is a auto....

Best bet is drag it to a shop.

It is most likely going to be transmission related.

I swear transmissions are the hardest things to fix unless you know what you are doing.

Sorry to hear that car is broken.

they are very complicated inside. somewhat. it shouldnt hurt your tranny dude to do what you did. did your engine light come on? if reverse still works , thats a good sign. i doubt the tranny is fuked totally.

Yes just recently my truck's transmission took a sh*t. You should thank God that your repair bill is nowhere near what mine is.

2100 for rebuild, 1900 for new tranny plus cost of labor/parts to put in.

Wanna' know why?

My forward clutch bands welded together, (dunno HOW..truck has a tranny cooler and was full of transmission fluid at the time) thus locking it in drive. When it's in park, it's in drive. When it's in neutral or reverse, it's STILL in drive..

Yea.. if I were you I MIGHT get a second opinion.

well to be honest, my engine light was already on and my car was due for an oil change, i know im a frackin idiot but im 18 yyears old and living off a PART time job of $8/hour so i cant do everything i effin want :(

Yeah, but you should do the important things...like, changing the oil, getting cel checked out, shifting..lol.. i know your pain, im 21 living of $6.25/hr...working at most 23 hours a week...

so i found a solution for this and my money problem, ive decided to take out a loan that i wouldve sold on a transmission, and buy a WHOLE other prelude with a good condition trans and get one of my friends who is a mechanic to replace the trans, so now i have even more spare parts :D

If you bought another Prelude, why not just sell the one with the bad transmission? Seems like more of a waste to buy a new car, just to take out a part when you can just sell the crap one.

Yeah, but you should do the important things...like, changing the oil, getting cel checked out, shifting..lol.. i know your pain, im 21 living of $6.25/hr...working at most 23 hours a week...

Jesus H Tittyfracking Christ son.

You'll make more than that doing manual labor.

ok, new plan...this is definate too because its already in progress lol...the old shop was gonna charge $3492.77 for used trans (82,000 miles), install, materials, etc. the whole 9. BUT no warranty at all....sooo i found a transmission shop thats gonna rebuild my entire transmission, install and everything for $2000, and a 12000 mile/12 month warranty :)

Jesus H Tittyfracking Christ son.

You'll make more than that doing manual labor.

yeah, but manual labor(which i have done every kind possible for about 2 years now) isnt flexible enough with my schedual.. right now its not a bid deal being that b/c i cant drive i have no wany to get to school and therefore and not currently enrolled..but i got the job when i was in school, and they woudl always give me the days i needed off.. not to mention, when i get my license back, im going to be delivering again.. which means i shoul dbe back to making around $200 a week in tips.. bring me to about 2g a month.. not too bad considering most of it the gov. wont be able to touch..

and i may be a little late with the idea, being that your plan is already under way.. but why not just hit a junk yard, find a decent milage wreck, and pull the trans, and replace it? seems to me liek you would save a LOT of money that way..

Archived