Bypassing Clutch Pedal Interlock

91Civic3DrHb

Has anyone every bypassed the clutch pedal interlock in their car? I've driven manual transmission cars for 30 years and always put the shifter in neutral before turning the key. It has always bugged me to have to push down on the clutch pedal to start the engine. I understand the purpose of the interlock, but if I could easily bypass it, I think I would.

Thanks.

Jay

under the dash , on the clutch pedal assembly. theres 2 wires going to the neutral safety switch. unplug it , cross those 2 wires , and do whatever you like.

Its not thhhhat old...lol.. and b/c his alarm has a remote starter he has to bypass the clutch interlock system... other wise he woudlnt be able to use the "always fun in a crowd" remote starter... at least that is all i can figure...

...b/c his alarm has a remote starter he has to bypass the clutch interlock system...

There was nothing about a remote alarm in the original post. The clutch pedal interlock or, more correctly, the clutch-starter interlock, is the switch that must be closed in order to provide current to the starter and start the engine; so you don't accidently start it while the transmission is in gear.

There was nothing about a remote alarm in the original post. The clutch pedal interlock or, more correctly, the clutch-starter interlock, is the switch that must be closed in order to provide current to the starter and start the engine; so you don't accidently start it while the transmission is in gear.

I was drunk when respong to that... give a break ass..lol

Archived