Ok, so im pretty much tired of calling every week places for a Wii, man im just trying to find one at regular price, not a bundle not a package, just the system with Wii sports, why is it so damn hard...nintendo said they would be release more systems about 2 weeks ago, and places are still holding out.

Anyone know where to get a regular priced Wii?

• 4 weeks later...

thats basicly how it works...the wii was built to be used as a party concle...also to get people more active by having to move around to play the wii games....its there way or sliming down the larger american youth lol

I got a Wii the day it came out a while back...only time i've ever touched it is when my rents went away last year and everyone played crapfaced Wii Sports haha.

Other than that, the system sucks and I play my 360 and PS2 Slim a hell-of-a lot more...especially PS2 Poker haha...oh and NHL '08 for 360, great game indeed.

Check the weekly ads before they come out to see if the Wii is listed, and what the minimum per store is... then line up with everyone else in the morning, so long as you're within the minimum or want to stand around to chance it.

Got mine at FYE the New Year's Eve after they were released, after searching every electronics store in that area with no luck. FYE ended up having a couple, but they were in the back room and they weren't really announcing that they had them. I think I've only seen them on the shelves once or twice since getting mine, and after checking back a few minutes later, there'd be nothing but an empty case.

My Wii also suffers from neglect. After months of not doing so much as turning it on, I finally started going at Zelda again so I throw an hour or two into it here and there since I'm close to the end. Mario Kart comes out in April, though, so that will get some play time in between GTA IV sessions on the PS3.

Yea well i have to work every morning and cannot wait in lines lol, but my buddies that work at some gamestores are like dude we cant hold them...i think thats BS considering the fact a sale is a sale you know...thats the way i see it, and what does it matter, all the reserves have been satisfied you know

Yea well i have to work every morning and cannot wait in lines lol, but my buddies that work at some gamestores are like dude we cant hold them...i think thats BS considering the fact a sale is a sale you know...thats the way i see it, and what does it matter, all the reserves have been satisfied you know

If they could hold them for customers, then you still wouldn't be able to get one at this point, as the people who line up first thing in the morning for them would simply put their names on a hold list instead. Most stores will release a minimum quantity on Sunday mornings, so they can advertise them in their weekly circular. It seems like you work a M-F job, so a Sunday morning shouldn't interfere. :thumbsup: I believe Circuit City has them in next week's ad (3/30), with a minimum of 10 per store.

Otherwise, prepare to pay for a bundle (depending on what it comes with, it may not be a bad idea); find one on eBay or Craigslist; or keep waiting.

i just found a guy selling one

I have a BRAND NEW WII! It is still in the box. It comes with one controller, including the numchuck! It also comes with WII Sports!

for 315

• 1 month later...
i just found a guy selling one

for 315

The Wii, after taxes, is only $264.XX

Now, while everyone thinks they want a Wii, the Wii isn't a great console at all. I have a few games for it before I got rid of it - Guitar Hero 3, Twilight Princess, some bowling game that blew nuts, and Super Paper Mario.

Now, while the Wii has some cool features, and the Virtual Console, the system really isn't that great. You can't watch DVD's on it, hell, you can't even listen to music on it, even though the CD drive is really a DVD Drive.

The online content isn't the greatest, and the novelty of swinging your wii-mote around wears off quickly.

Now, some of the games were fun - Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario was great, but TP was on the GameCube, so it was a remake, and Super Paper Mario is a very easy game. Guitar Hero 3 was decent, but lacked the download content, and the online play through Nintendo's online service sucked.

I traded my Wii for an xbox, xbox 360, plus 40 titles. I asked my friend if he was sure about it, and let him know my disappointment with it, but he insisted on the trade.

Seriously, waste your money elsewhere and not on a Wii :)

the only thing the wii is worth getting for is drunk wii sports, and that isnt worth $300. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE ARMS

Would make a good boat anchore, for a very small boat! :thumbsup:

the wii is most def a party starter mind you have a drink or twoooooooo

Is it just me or what? Cause I think I need more than a drink or two to get started...

The Wii is good for casual games, but then again it's only ever been geared towards casual and non-gamers. The majority of the games get quite boring if you're playing by yourself, but watching others play or having others participate is more entertaining.

Aside from occasional bouts with Zelda and Super Paper Mario (which I haven't touched in quite some time, might have to resurrect it), I've never been able to spend hours at a time on my Wii. I had a GameCube prior to the Wii, so I knew what the game selection would be like. I have a PS2 and a PS3 that I can spend hours on if that's what I'm up for.

The Wii is good for casual games, but then again it's only ever been geared towards casual and non-gamers. The majority of the games get quite boring if you're playing by yourself, but watching others play or having others participate is more entertaining.

Aside from occasional bouts with Zelda and Super Paper Mario (which I haven't touched in quite some time, might have to resurrect it), I've never been able to spend hours at a time on my Wii. I had a GameCube prior to the Wii, so I knew what the game selection would be like. I have a PS2 and a PS3 that I can spend hours on if that's what I'm up for.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The PS2 is a phenomenal system. Lots of great games on it. The PS3 I haven't played yet, nor do I have any interest at the moment since I got a 360 that I rarely play. If I get in the mood to play some games, I'll whip out the 360 to play some guitar hero, or the PS2 to play other types of games.

check stores for when they get shipments, but i bought my wii off ebay for 290. only 30 bucks more than its value. not bad, seeing i got it before christmas where you couldnt find any. one of my teachers had a wii tracker on his computer that told him when places got shipments in. look into that lol.

2 months old!?!?!?!

Funny it got brought back up though, because we were up all night playing effin wii sports. Only one I'm good at is golf, but tennis is really fun.

Really? I, nor anyone I have seen, can play golf on Wii Sports. Tennis and bowling is where it's at, although I have managed to get a little better at baseball.

i was playing golf against my friend and he was sucking somethin fierce naw mean. then we realized his profile was set for left handed, and he was right....sucker

Yea first game I played I got like a +14 for 9 holes cuz I kept hitting the water in the last couple holes. But second round I got a -2. Then I figured out that there was wind >_< , and I got a -6 third round.

Bowling I get 140-210

Then we played baseball (my fav sport) and my friend was throwing fastballs the whole time and the best I could do was foul them off. 9-0 loss. :laugh:

Archived