Seats

CelticRacer

the belts do hold you in place.. but if the seat snaps in half, what are the belts holding you to? i dont know what all research has gone into stock/after market seats, but it seems like the more money you spend the better chance you have of buying somethin that is designed to lats... like i always say.. there are three ways you can build your car: fast, reliable, and cheap. you can only have two of those at once..and in thins case, i think i would spend some extra money on some good seats..IMO it would be worth it.

i hear ya man. thanks for the input.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be in the same situation as the bomeo or whatever seats, Just see if they have been test or have been FIA tested, goodle it or call the company, I read what it says about the seat taking more impact in the info about the seat.

My question is can they prove it? test results or what.

I would just save up a little more a get some high quality seats like recaro or sparco but that is what I would do.

It is your money and you do whatever you want

i have 05'celica gts seats in my rex.there comfy lol!good support to.but there leather so i kinda slide around in them in hard cornering

Really cause the s2k seats I am getting one day are leather and I dunno if I would like sliding while corning.

S2K seats are godawfully expensive.

I'd be apt to buy a set of Bride seats of some sort before spending upward of 700 for a GOOD set of S2K seats.

They are much firmer than the Sol seats, but overall I believe them to be more comfortable, since they tend to "hug" you more than a Sol seat and support the back very well. If anything maybe a lumbar would help, but overall a pretty nice seat.

S2K seats are godawfully expensive.

I'd be apt to buy a set of Bride seats of some sort before spending upward of 700 for a GOOD set of S2K seats.

Yah they are...there are some insurance companies that will flat out total a new S2K if it's seats are stolen.

Yah they are...there are some insurance companies that will flat out total a new S2K if it's seats are stolen.

Dang that is the craziest thing I have heard.

I want some parts off a s2k.

The seats, speedo assembly, the tail lights. If anybody wants to give or sell me these cheap that would be awesome.

Mainly the seats So I can rock basically a whole leather set-up in my car. One thing I hate about leather seats is that when it gets hot and the car really warms up inside. It sucks driving on a hot seat.

But I can always make the comment of I am in the "hott" seat.

I know I am lame.

I've seen prices range from 500 dollars a set (on garbage ass torn S2K seats) to 1,500 or more depending on colors/leather and all that jibber jabber.

I can agree on that one but I always wondered if there was a brand name tied in the seats cause like the evo 9 has racing seats and they are recaros and I fell in love with those seats but I was curious if the s2k seats had a brand name or something other then honda on them.

If it said mugen or something that would be nice.

never heard of them

beard_seat_super_street_series.jpg

beard racing seats. mainly made for offroad but they look amazingly comfortable, and you get tossed around offroad than in a car so i'm assuming they would hold you in really well.

I can agree on that one but I always wondered if there was a brand name tied in the seats cause like the evo 9 has racing seats and they are recaros and I fell in love with those seats but I was curious if the s2k seats had a brand name or something other then honda on them.

If it said mugen or something that would be nice.

Recaro is the manufacturer of the S2K seat. Actually, Recaro makes most of Honda seats....even the one in your del Sol.

Recaro is the manufacturer of the S2K seat. Actually, Recaro makes most of Honda seats....even the one in your del Sol.

Really, I totally did not know that. Recaro makes a lot of seats then. I just never saw a brand name on them. I have a prelude seat in my room and It is mighty comfy and I guess I sitting in a recaro seat. I learned something today.

theres a guy selling some s2k seats on sol society for 700 i think with del sol rails. his sn is addsmack if you want to look for it

I probably going to look into that as well look into seats around town cause there is a S2K club and I know half the guys in it and I can talk to them about it.

Archived