H22 question?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is bad when me and you start talking we jack everybodys threads including my own.

I really considering going NA after reading all of peoples ideas.

I also afraid if I turbo it, it will have boost creep or the boost hit hard and jump to the redline and I won't be able to change gears quick enough.

Plus if I really want a turbo engine I would turbo a K or B series motor.

Didn't read anything other than the OP.

AEBS resleeve

F22 crank

Scat or Cunningham rods

custom CP Pistons

RM headwork

RM H25X cams

custom SMSP header

custom RLZ IM

AEM EMS or Motec M400

Have fun with 260-290'ish whp

Or

stock block

RM headwork

RM H22X cams

shelf SMSP header

Euro-R IM

Hondata

Have fun with 200whp

Either one:

Bisimoto adaptor kit

Action 1MD clutch

D16Y8 or D16Z6 trans

MFactory close gear set

Quaife LSD

I going to using a b-tranny instead a H or D tranny.

The man doing it with me is like a honda guru.

He knows what he is doing and is also building me a custom b-tranny probably type-r gears but yet I dunno we have yet to get to that stage.

We are also going to making a adaptor for the B tranny.

D trans > B. Lighter even with a LSD.

Don't make an adaptor plate, you'll be needing a new trans real fast as the mainshaft won't align perfectly with the clutch.

MFactory D close gear set is shorter than ITR gears.

Gear comparison

Green is MFactory. Might not look much shorter, but it is, expecially considering the RPM drop is way less.

• 3 weeks later...
D trans > B. Lighter even with a LSD.

Don't make an adaptor plate, you'll be needing a new trans real fast as the mainshaft won't align perfectly with the clutch.

MFactory D close gear set is shorter than ITR gears.

Gear comparison

Green is MFactory. Might not look much shorter, but it is, expecially considering the RPM drop is way less.

Do companies sell a H2D conversion?

I only seen H2B adaptors. I dunno, You got proof to back up the D tranny is better but I have had alot of people tell me to a H2B tranny. One thing I know I am not keep the H tranny that is not worth dropping in my car.

hey man what you looing for quickness off the line or top speed

Top speed and acceleration. Mainly from like 40-60 to higher speeds. I wanna maybe drive this car on a road course and have it be quick and still dominate on the road. lol. I dunno about the whole domination part. Anyways. I wanna have something quick and have probably good top speed over all.

• 4 weeks later...

Since your planning to autox N/A would be a better choice, if you were drag i would say turbo my turbod d16 didnt have very much lag at all barely noticeable but thats with a good tune. If traction is an issue i read somewhere that some people use lag to help get traction off the line and once they get moving the boost kicks in and they haul ass. But that would be a strict drag type deal.

Archived