90 accord hid questions

Blakwolf9666

i got a 90 accord and was thinking about upgrading the headlights so i can actually see at night with street lights on and in the rain. i found a conversion kit on ebay for about 90 bucks, however i was wondering which would be the brightest(im lookin for something like a beamers bright ass light that always blind you in the mirror) and also would i have to change the headlight housing or can i continue to use the stock one?

on ebay for about 90 bucks

You get what you pay for.

i was wondering which would be the brightest

5000 Kelvin (5000K)

would i have to change the headlight housing

You should

can i continue to use the stock one?

Yes, but remember, poorly constructed bulbs can melt your stock housing. You can look cool for a few weeks and then it will just crap out. The stock housing is not designed for HID, duh, so the beam cut-off is not sufficient and if you switch to projectors, you will still have to deal with an inadequate housing depth. You need to do some more homework before you go blinding people with your $90 ebay HID fury. And if you only care about yourself, keep in mind that you may end up with lower lumen per unit area (if the beam is not properly scattered), since the light will be diffused/refracted irregularly.

James said it. Don't go cheap with your HID's. Your best bet is to do a retrofit with projectors from a car that came stock with HID's and use the bulbs that came with it or get some Phillips HID bulbs (they're the company that a lot of cars use stock for HID's). It will be some work to fit the projector into your housing (do some searches to find out how), but it will be worth it in the end and will look as good as a factory HID setup.

Archived