Replacing an alternator?

musedrainfall

ok... so my lights were left on for about 9 hours while i was at work (sensor in door doesn't work to let me know they're left on) and i came back to a dead car. i tried jumping it but that didn't work. i bought a new battery and put it in.. still didn't work. so i'm thinking i need to replace the alternator.

how do i go about doing this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first of all the alternator wouldn t cause a new battery not to crank the car (if im correct) did it make any noises when you tryed to start it after putting the new battery on? need more details to help

first of all the alternator wouldn t cause a new battery not to crank the car did it make any noises when you tryed to start it after putting the new battery on? need more details to help

the car did nothing after replacing the battery. i turn the key and it's just dead silence. :(

wow i missed that part. it sounds like you have a bad connection some where or a bad ground. do your lights and stuff come one?

Edit: Smack the starter with a screw driver or a small hammer a couple times the starter may be froze up.

wow i missed that part. it sounds like you have a bad connection some where or a bad ground. do your lights and stuff come one?

Edit: Smack the starter with a screw driver or a small hammer a couple times the starter may be froze up.

nothing turned on before i switched the battery and nothing changed after i replaced the battery.

Archived