Paint your car...

chris_agu28

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royal blue like the STI with white accents (wheels, minor pinstriping).

OR

Gunmetal/charcoal grey with CF accents (hood, trunk, ameripol top) and lots of tinting.

OR

Midnight sort of metallic blue that looks black normally but in bright sunlight looks royal blue (it exists but I've mostly seen it not on cars -- actually saw it on a baseball bat I had back in the day).

Royal blue like the STI with white accents (wheels, minor pinstriping).

OR

Gunmetal/charcoal grey with CF accents (hood, trunk, ameripol top) and lots of tinting.

OR

Midnight sort of metallic blue that looks black normally but in bright sunlight looks royal blue (it exists but I've mostly seen it not on cars -- actually saw it on a baseball bat I had back in the day).

I think my choices has come down to these options. I really like the royal blue cause if I use my white wheels with it then it would look pretty good.

But the gunmetal I really like too, like the STI grey, I Like that cause like you said I can use the CF stuff and it still looks good.

But like Hatch 92 says I could have two blacks one and nobody would ever know the difference.

Does royal blue and CF go together as well?

I think my choices has come down to these options. I really like the royal blue cause if I use my white wheels with it then it would look pretty good.

But the gunmetal I really like too, like the STI grey, I Like that cause like you said I can use the CF stuff and it still looks good.

But like Hatch 92 says I could have two blacks one and nobody would ever know the difference.

Does royal blue and CF go together as well?

Not with white rims it won't. That's too many color variations in my opinion.

personally I like the POS look.

Sand down half the paint. primer a few panels, spread a little bondo on some areas and let the rest oxidize. It will look like complete crap, until you hit the accelerator and blow someones doors off. Classic rat rod style.

If that doesn't suit you, I am partial to the blue tinted silver that the last gen preludes had. Its one of my favs.

For flat black to be look right you will need an appropriately aggressive vehicle and do not do it with a rattle can. All the above vehicles are dead sexy, and also rather fast. A stock S del sol would just be lame.

Archived