hood came in

tallhamer88

How much was that? I wouldnt mind getting one and painting it red to match my car, mine has a couple dents and two bumps where the valve cover hit the hood.

Edit: you added the price like 10 seconds after I posted.

Edited by EH6TunerDaniel

I have a friend who makes carbon fiber parts using the original parts for reference...I asked him if he clear coats and he gave me this long answer...so I don't remember...but yes, it should be clear coated to last against the sun and all...

nice hood :thumbsup:

I wonder why they don't do it automatically, or at least just ask if you want it done before you get it and charge you a bit more. They could make that a lucrative part of their business.

I would like one of those for my car but know that after that I would need a ameripol top and cf trunk to make the theme complete and I am not a rich man...

the hood is complete carbon fiber. no metal what so ever ill get pix of the back of it when i get it installed and what not for you guys

hot damn that must be light. can you convert the stock hood latch onto that or do you have to do pins?

i paid $300 for my hood from a local shop. it already had the bracket installed for use with the stock hood release. it also came clear coated. my cf hood felt like it weighed 10 pounds. it could easily be carried with one hand.

i think its about the same weight as a fiber glass hood would be. they are both made pretty much the same way.

the hood is complete carbon fiber. no metal what so ever ill get pix of the back of it when i get it installed and what not for you guys

I have carbon fiber forks on my bicycle and my cousin has the same setup, only difference is mine is painted and his is not. I would consider having the hood color matched to the rest of your car. It is just as light (not really, but the difference is not noticable), and you will not have to worry about the polymer coating photodegrading.