My Saturday

James Matteu

You know, come to think of it, it really isn't that hard anymore. It used to be difficult, I have developed some tricks to make everything go smoothly. Perhaps I should share since these are things I have learned over time and a newbie may be unaware.

1. Go one wire at a time!!

2. Use a telescopic magnet to fish the plugs out of the block.

3. Remove the strut brace before removing plugs 1-3 (yeah, start with 4-6).

4. Use the 19mm bolt on the crankcase pulley to get the rotor button in the right position to be removed.

5. Use only an 8mm socket, don't even bother with a phillips head screw driver (I am not sure what Honda was thinking).

6. Hang your new wires off the front of the hood to keep them clean while you work.

7. Gap your plugs at the breakfast table, but don't let your kids help (if they're young like mine).

well i hope i dont have to go through that but thanks for the tips i usually drop things so i always got a magnetic pen to help out, how about cap and rotor do you go one by one on that too and then just pull the old cap off and install the rotor

...how about cap and rotor do you go one by one on that too and then just pull the old cap off and install the rotor

Actually, that tip was for the newbies. I learned long ago that Honda labels everything (wires, cap, etc.), they even label the vaccum lines. So as long as I buy Honda, no worries. The newbie might be rockin the Napa special, hence the tip.

Archived