My build thread

chris_agu28

Well here I go starting a build thread. There won't much be gone on for a bit, looking into getting another del sol either as a DD or a project car. But I got a motor. I have alot of work ahead of me. I will be a h22 NA MONSTER mated with rebuilt and custom gear b tranny, I can't decide if I wanna bore it out or not and get it resleved. Me and my honda buddy/Guru of honda and has EVERY part you can image, Including tranny gears from every honda ever made including type r and jdm gears. I will try to keep you guys updated.

Here are some pics of the motor block.

Sorry for some bad/blurry pics.

0216080102a.jpg

jpeg_reencoded-1.jpg

0216080100a.jpg

Thanks

The guy took it all apart and we are going to build it from the ground up. Everything new and most likely aftermarket. There goes my money. lol.

We are also going to make a adapter for a H2B tranny. He has every tool you could imagine and his house is so big, He has a bunch of hondas too. 3 preludes, 1 integra, 1 civic hatch, 1 accord, 1 eclipse shell somebody dumped on him. its crazy man.

He says that the h22 would be best also bored .1 liters over as well and It would be better as a all motor kinda deal instead of a turbo motor. He gave a bunch of reasons.

If I wanted a b motor he has like 5 just sitting around along with trannys. He even rebuilds his trannys. He told me b's are a lot to turbo in the long run.

nice nice ya best bet is boring for N.A i got wiesco 13.1 compression heads the domes looked like lejit triangles an why i say looked becouse they sittin under a fresh R head theeheheheheh but ya ime def not making all the compression becouse the heads a stock R ime hopin a decent 12.3 ime makin but post pics of yer build kidd!!!~!~

Don't worry I will be cleaning it up shortly when I am not busy or working. But yeah I was looking at 13.1 compression. My honda buddy or kevin says that after getting it bored resleeved and cleaned up and built I will be looking at about 300 to 400 hp and he was guessing off the top of his head and that is not including the new exhaust set up and ITBs and custom tune software from hondatat. Plus with a custom built b tranny it will be a awesome fun car to drive. But now I gotta start looking for a del sol shell to put this monster in. It sucks cause I am broke.

btw the motor is at his house and it is better over there cause if i ever need a random part I just search his garage plus he has WAY more tools then me.

How much you think it would cost to get head work done like a 5 angle valve job and such?

also is the skunk 2 obd 2 to ob1 conversion good?

What I am planning on doing is have s2000 gauges with the h22 ecu and stuff. Do I still need to convert to obd 1?

The engine came out of a 99 Honda prelude if that helps.

sounds good bro h2b well me im supposed to be making anywhere from 280 to 300hp with stock bottom end, but skunk2 stage 1 cams and tuned on chrome, also full exhaust so you should be making alot more then me so just save up

Don't worry I will be cleaning it up shortly when I am not busy or working. But yeah I was looking at 13.1 compression. My honda buddy or kevin says that after getting it bored resleeved and cleaned up and built I will be looking at about 300 to 400 hp and he was guessing off the top of his head and that is not including the new exhaust set up and ITBs and custom tune software from hondatat. Plus with a custom built b tranny it will be a awesome fun car to drive. But now I gotta start looking for a del sol shell to put this monster in. It sucks cause I am broke.

btw the motor is at his house and it is better over there cause if i ever need a random part I just search his garage plus he has WAY more tools then me.

How much you think it would cost to get head work done like a 5 angle valve job and such?

also is the skunk 2 obd 2 to ob1 conversion good?

What I am planning on doing is have s2000 gauges with the h22 ecu and stuff. Do I still need to convert to obd 1?

The engine came out of a 99 Honda prelude if that helps.

Ok down the list i go

1) i realy don't see you making 300-400 N/A maybe around the 300 + but not 400, i could be wrong though. so in other words get it done and prove me wrong i'd love to see it :)

2)S2000 gauges are gonna be a huge pain in the ass to put into a del sol. the s200 uses a different sensor for the RPM and Speedo's.

i hate to tell you this. but H22's cannot be bored out to my knoledge , composite sleeves(so ive read). you can get the engine sleeved im sure though. and if you think your gonna get anywhere near 300 horse NA , your crazy. youl be lucky to hit 260 whp , lucky.

Thanks guys for the support, I just happy that I am slowly but surely getting it started.

I will be easy on the motor, The worst it will be is when it will be dyno'd probably knowing me.

Be afraid to use all that power. lol.

Ultimately my goal would be 400hp na but honestly I will well satisfied if I hit the 300hp mark.

Wasn't delsol209 saying he had about 300hp from some parts here and there. so if he hit that then I mean 300hp is a reachable goal.

You guys might be right if the h22 can't be bored but i know it can get sleeved for sure, Already looking into it.

For the s2k gauges I am going to buy a converter box or if I make one since we are making everything else like the tranny adaptor.

Thanks again guys and girls for the support, I will keep everybody posted as I slowly move on.

BTW If swap the gauges and everything do I still need to convert to obd 1?

I'm not calling you broke but any of the 300whp H series builds I've ever seen (which are RARE) are from H-T with people who are INCREDIBLY financially comfortable LOL and have friends in high places. Even then, most of their builds took YEARS or so.

Archived