Security

I read some old topics but they were mostly this vs. that threads (viper vs black widow).

I was wondering what some of the best security systems, precautions, alarms were to keep our Hondas safe.

I know Hondas are one of the most stolen cars and are also one of the most modded cars, so I want to know what we can do to protect our investments.

What do you do/have now to protect from theft/vandalism, and what would you do in the future?

• 3 weeks later...

dont live in the ghetto. keep it in a nice rich neiborhood down the street if u have to.

i live in a nice neiborhood but it's not gated so i park my car at my friends house down the street in his gated community.

Edited by mynewcivicex

I GOT A PITBULL THAT I KEEP IN MY CAR WHEN I GO TO SLEEP, HER NAME IS CHINA LIKE THE WRESTLER LOL JK, NAW I DO IT THE CHEAP WAY TAKE OUT THE ECU AND IVE EVEN LOCKED A CHAIN TO IT ONE TIME LOL

i like the pit bull idea. lol

dont live in the ghetto. keep it in a nice rich neiborhood down the street if u have to.

i live in a nice neiborhood but it's not gated so i park my car at my friends house down the street in his gated community.

i think a ich neighbor hood would make you more of a target. if you were a thief where would you go, a broke neighbor hood or a rich one?

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen some for $90...

ideas:

*alarms, pager, killswitch

*removable steering wheel

*Lo-Jack

*not always parking or going through the same street or parking lot!! Thieves out there notice cars and have good memory!

*something that looks overly complicated on the steering wheel, for the thief to say "eh, I can find something easier"

and as mentioned, removing the ecu

I know a guy who had a lojack sensor mounted inside of his quarter panel to the frame of his car or something along those lines..

Needless to say when his car got jacked the sensor was found and crapcanned. I was amazed.

I think that's why when thieves steal cars, they take them to a parking lot and take off the bumpers and panels. If they find Lo-Jack, they leave the car there. If they don't, they drive it away!

everything has a way around it! sucks!

removing the ecu works, if no one knows/sees that you do that after you park!

They had to cut into the quarter panel of the car to remove the peice LOL. Like, a big chunk of the body missing LOL.

I think someone who installed it gave someone the heads up on it though.

My buddy had the two way pager alarm... almost never went off unless someone was actually messing with his car. I'll probbaly look into one if i get a car worth it..lol..

You could also buy a pistol and open carry it everywhere... if a thief sees you jump out of your car with a gun, and doesnt know if you will be right back, or gone for hours, i dont think they will try to steal yoru car.(if they do, you can shoot them when you walk up on them, ending a life of stealing...always a plus)

My buddy had the two way pager alarm... almost never went off unless someone was actually messing with his car.

I dunno if you read my post in the randomness thread but I started my car up on tuesday and the integra next to me had the alarm go off.

I would get annoyed real fast if my alarm system went off from vibrations like that.

I would probably want to intall a system myself because of the reason Ben mentioned that you can't trust installers either. That's another one of the reasons I only take my car to the same Honda dealership. I don't go to places like meineke or anything because I don't want to advertise what's in my car (one of the obvious reasons not to have stickers all over your car too).

LOL Lina when you mentioned something complicated on the steering wheel I envisioned fabricating some weird ass looking (fake) lock on it just to deter theives. It would probably work too.

I dunno if you read my post in the randomness thread but I started my car up on tuesday and the integra next to me had the alarm go off.

I would get annoyed real fast if my alarm system went off from vibrations like that.

I didnt.

I would think that if you spend a good amount of money on one (dont buy a piece) then you shouldnt have this problem.. I used to try to set my buddies off when we went out to the bar or something, and i had to pretty much attempt to put my fist through the windown before it would go off. He once left his windows open and set his alarm. I climbed through the window without the alarm going off...and im a big boy, it took a lot for me to climb through the window of an eclipse...matter of fact, it didnt go off until i opened the door to get out. So, i think that if you get a good quality one, you wont have too many issues with random alerts.

important one: the license plate!

They use the license plate numbers/letters and hacking dmv system, or knowing someone there, to find your place!

my license plate and driver's license and the address I use to order anything online is a business address! haha :D

yea i have a set of red doors off a '94 2-door EX that i have to do some body work then once they get on the car i have to do some wiring to get them to work.