Sub/Amp installation

solmeistro

I got an audiobox amp (800 watts) for 2 10" subs. I'm totally lost on how everything hooks up. I got an Audio Diesel NS-KIT installation kit. what wires go where?! and where to the fuses go? there's 2 or 3 in the kit? any direction on how and where to hook everything up is needed!

first of all put the amp and subs where you want them then run the power wire it will be the longest wire and there should be a fuse link on it about a foot away from the end of it that end goes towards the battery then take out you cd player and run your audio cables rca jacks and your remote wire it should be a little tiny blue wire then u can put the cd player back in and run those wires its better o keep distance between your wires as sometimes you get interferance at least 6 inches apart i like to run the power wire down one side of the car and the audio and remote down the other but thats up to you then you can run you ground u can use prexisting ground bolts or you can make your own with a self tapping screw and a washer and make sure it gets a good metal connection then hook up all the wires to your amp in the spots that are labeled then hook up the speaker wires and run them to your sub making sure your put pos with pos and neg with neg finally you can hook up your power wire to your battery and makde sure the fuses are all in place there sould be 2 or 3 on the amp and one in the powerwire by the battery double check your wiring before you turn everything on you might have to adjust the amp to make your subs hit right with the gain and freq and etc... and thats it

does that help you out?

actually yeah, that was great! one question though. in my wire kit, they gave me a break to hold an assembly that has two fuses. however, it's a split. (one wire into one side of it, through two separate fuses, and out the other side as two holes for two separate wires...any idea about that?? what wires do the fuses go on the amp side??

ya thats a spliter for two amps unless your hooking up 2 amps you dont need it the amp has fuse ports built in if thats what your getting at you only have to have 1 fuse for all the wiring until you come to the amp

NS-KIT

• 2000 Watts
  • 17 ft. (5.18m) Blue Power Cable 4ga.-----------------runs from battery to inline fuse to amp
  • 3 ft. (0.9m) Silver Ground Cable 4ga.---------------- runs from ground point to the amp
  • 8 ft. (2.5m) Blue Power Cable 8ga.------------<extra
  • 6 ft. (1.83m) Silver Power Cable 8ga.---------<extra
  • 20 ft. (6.1m) Speaker Cable-------- amp to subs
  • 16 ft. (4.88 m) Blue Remote Wire.--------------- back of cd player to amp

• 17 ft. (5.18m) wisted pair RCA Interconnect ----------back of cd player to amp
  • Battery Terminal Clamp. ----------------you can choose to use this or not it doesnt matter
  • In-Line Fuse Holder with fuse. ---------------------use this on the power cable about a foot away from the battery
  • 1 x 4ga in 4 x 8ga out Distribution block --------------spliter from 1 to 4 or 1 to 2----extra
  • Ring terminals Installed
  • Split Loom --------------------use this to help hide wires and protect them wont protect too much though-----optional
  • Cable ties & Accessories

is this your kit??^^

if it is your going to have 2 extra power cables

your going to be pushing a little bit to much power to the amp, i think, how many amps is the inline fuse? and how many amps are the ones in the amp? and how many of them? and no the spliter is also extra

Archived