Lookin

newkidwithsol

I know alot of people will not want me to do this, but thats their opinion that i respect that, but im just lookin for a site to buy from. So im lookin to buy a set of F1 style fenders for my sol.... Only question is What would be a good site to buy them from? I know I can get super cheap and buy off ebay... but no thanks... How is andysautosports.com? any other sites you will reccomend?

Ya, thats why im not lookin for an answer tonite! LOL Even for the few that bought bodykits tho.... im sure the companies should have very similar quality in bodykits as well as fenders.... I just dont wanna spend $200-$250 on garbage... That price was at andysautosports.com.... Ebay is like $115.... so im guessin there is a quality differance! LOL What about just other sites people bought off of and had good quality for body parts?

Thanks.... I believe thats all the info I need then... a lil change of subject... hopefully i will be painting my car this spring/summer... I also want to look into new seats. What is the big differance between the major brands and the cheap brands? I want the seat to move back and forth and recline (as much as it can in the sol! LOL) for comfort reasons. I just wanna add the seats for appearance and maybe also add some 4 or 5 pt harnesses for fun.... Would brands make a differance for me? P.S. Thanks AirJordan btw... seems like u always come thru for me! Thanks alot!

Prolly just better material, made to be more durable, last longer.

Also made for real racing applications whereas you can find ones just for DD looks.

That, and brand name always adds $, no matter what you're talking about.

Thanks for the site! Never ran across that before! But my question still remains... what is exactly the differance in the expensive ones and the cheaper ones? Thanks

The difference is that a good brand like Sparco crash tests their seats to make sure you'll be safe in a crash. A cheap "racing" seat won't have the same crash testing and I can almost guarantee that they wouldn't be nearly as safe in a crash. On something regarding safety (like the seats that keep you planted in a car), I'd never trust a cheap brand.

Prolly just better material, made to be more durable, last longer.

Also made for real racing applications whereas you can find ones just for DD looks.

That, and brand name always adds $, no matter what you're talking about.

Brand name only adds money because the brand names are usually the only ones to spend money on research and development to make sure they're producing a quality product.

The difference is that a good brand like Sparco crash tests their seats to make sure you'll be safe in a crash. A cheap "racing" seat won't have the same crash testing and I can almost guarantee that they wouldn't be nearly as safe in a crash. On something regarding safety (like the seats that keep you planted in a car), I'd never trust a cheap brand.

That's why I said they're made for real racing applications. I'm sure the cheapo ones are still certified to be street safe...they just aren't tested under extreme conditions like Hung said.

I would think it depends alot more on the seatbelts and the brackets/bolts anyways.

Sparco, Recaro, Bride. I'd personally just get the stock del sol seats recovered in leather. It would cost less and look much nicer in my opinion.

agreed. racing seats just look too big in a sol, and the stock ones are really comfortable as it is. if you want you could get them recovered and then have recaro stitched in because they are made by recaro anyway

I will never put another cheap seat in one of my cars ever again. There's a reason those websites and Ebay post say "for off road use only"

Cuz if you get in a wreck, your done for.

Or do like I did and put better seats from other Honda's in the Del Sol. I swapped in S2000 seats and love them. Not too hard to modify. I also like the look of the RSX seats. I woulda gone with RSX had I not found a good deal on the S2000's.

Archived