New tires question

rajtp

Guys, i have an accord 98 LX4 with 130k miles. Recently, my BF goodrich Traction t/a tires started to lose traction so i went in and my mechanic said 2 are good but i should replace 2.

So he took my tires with the best tread and put them in the rear and put two new traction t/a's in the front.

Now my question is this:

1) Should i follow my regular rotation/balancing thing every 10k miles or should I let these brand new tires run a litlte more. If so how long before i go in for a rotation?

2) is it true that on a front-wheel drive, the traction is mostly from the front tires and they wear out quicker than the rear ones too?

thank you

I would still go with the normal rotation as normal. but that is me personally,

And I would think that yeah the front tires would lose traction more then the rear. when i changed my rims/tires the front had less then the rear. Sames goes for RWD, the rear looses more tread then the front. Unless it is a AWD kinda car then it will lose traction evenly unless you are going drifitng.

correct me if wrong anybody, My brain is slacking today.

Sounds right.

You probably should have asked the mechanic, but

I'm thinking your rear tires might need replacing by the time you need to rotate again anyways.

So at that point you'd just put your (current) new ones in the back and the brand new ones up front.

And I would think that yeah the front tires would lose traction more then the rear. when i changed my rims/tires the front had less then the rear. Sames goes for RWD, the rear looses more tread then the front. Unless it is a AWD kinda car then it will lose traction evenly unless you are going drifitng.

weight distribution has a lot to do with tire wear, not just which are the drive wheels. most trucks that see light usage will wear out the front faster. cars its about even most of the time.

Archived