b20 vs bored out ls

alex37211

Is it the stroke length that's different? If you can get an LS to 2.0 L WITH sleeves, what's the point of using a b20 block if you've just got to re-sleeve it off the bat for reliability under pressure?

I'm thinking of a turbo application. Maybe LS block, maybe b20 block. I just don't know which one would be better under which circumstances, considering both of them would be sleeved @ 84mm.

Then why do people bother with the crv blocks at all? Aren't the LS blocks generally a little cheaper? Or is it just the people want to try to run the b20 block without upgraded sleeves?

In other words, is there any sense in using a b20 block instead of a b18 block if it's got to be bored and sleeved regardless?

For a decent n/a setup, I've seen a lot of people running stock B20 blocks on their CR-VTEC setups......most around 220-240whp. I think the B20 sleeves just can't handle very much boost without cracking the sleeves. So, if you're going to do boost, do a LS-VTEC, for a nice n/a setup, I'd say a B20-VTEC would be better.

i know thats the general concenses hung , but if you measure the thickness of an H22 sleeve and a B20 sleeve(for example) , the B20 sleeve is thicker , so. i think the ol B20 no good for boost myth , is just that , a myth. block gaurd it for extra insurance.

i know thats the general concenses hung , but if you measure the thickness of an H22 sleeve and a B20 sleeve(for example) , the B20 sleeve is thicker , so. i think the ol B20 no good for boost myth , is just that , a myth. block gaurd it for extra insurance.

Wow. That's a real eye opener! :o Where did you learn of the thickness of the sleeves in the h22 and b20 cranny? Or did you actually measure them yourself? Is there a general rule of thumb as far as how much boost an h22 is safe with?

Archived