DISABLE Auto Door Lock on 08 Accord??

J C L i T

Hi

DOes anyone know how to disable my doors from locking on y 08 accord coupe? I start the car and my doors lock. The damn doors have locked 2 times WHILE im pumping gas and my keys are in the car still. This is really pissing me off and its stupid move by honda. I get out of my car and all the other doors are locked. Its so annoying.

Any help would be appreciated. The dealer told me they didnt know. BS!!!

Thanks in advance for any help >_<

I don't know specifically on your accord, but I know it'll be listed in your owners manual. My Ridgeline is something along the line of, push and hold brake, push and hold door lock, turn key to on for 5-10 seconds and let off brake or something. It's in your owners manual though.

That's odd. Your doors shouldn't lock if you're keys are in the car. I can leave the keys in my S2 or my dad's 2002 Accord and the doors won't lock. Take the keys out and a couple seconds later the doors will lock.

Ya, the only time I've seen that personally is if you use the key fob to unlock the doors and then don't open them. They will automatically lock again after 30 seconds, but you'd have to throw your keys inside or something with the door already shut. Sounds strange to me too.

I know on my Ridgeline its a problem because the trunk doesn't act as a door. So, for instance you can unlock with the key fob, open the trunk and put your keys in, and then have it lock 30 seconds later. But that shouldn't be an issue on an Accord unless you're doing the same thing in the trunk...

Hey guys, thats for your input. My doors do in fact lock once the car is started and has been running for 30 sec. I assume its to reduce the risk of car jacking. My previous VWs did the same thing. Its so annoying. Ill check my manual though for info. The last thing I need is my 3 month old daughter to get locked inside so I have to bust a window.... sighhhhh :mad: thanks honda for the oh so useful feature!

It shouldn't lock on its own. My Ridgeline only locks when you pull the transmission out of park, btw. The only time it locks on its own is when you unlock the doors with the key fob and then don't open the door for 30 seconds...

• 11 months later...
yea well it does :crazy:

ill start my car and let it warm up, and ill go in the house for a couple mins and come out to locked doors. sighhhhhhh >_<

Yup, happens to me too. I have the 08 accord sedan and the doors automatically lock as soon as I have the car in reverse. Drives my husband mental because I have to press the button to unlock the doors. :blush:

Archived