removing power mirrors?

Tubbith

So can anyone tell me/ show me a diagram of how to get my mirrors off of my car. They havent worked at all the entire time i have had my car ( about a year and a half), and i figure i wont be driving for another 6 months, might as well fix what i can, while i can.

So can anyone tell me/ show me a diagram of how to get my mirrors off of my car. They havent worked at all the entire time i have had my car ( about a year and a half), and i figure i wont be driving for another 6 months, might as well fix what i can, while i can.

well im not exactly sure how. but a fast way is to take it to a car wash.......they always succeed in taking off side mirrors....not in a good way tho.... :( i found out the hard way lol

Lol.. thanks for the help..:thumbsup: .. the only problem with the car wash idea is, my car isnt being driven right now, and has decided to stop running. oh yeah, and i need to seals(sp) around my windows...lol

if i remember correctly you have to take off the door panel on the inside and there are 3 or 4 crews that hold the mirror on the inside of the door. Then you have to remove the wire strand that does to the motor that moves the mirror.

Lol.. thanks for the help..:thumbsup: .. the only problem with the car wash idea is, my car isnt being driven right now, and has decided to stop running. oh yeah, and i need to seals(sp) around my windows...lol

If you take the mirror cap off the inside of the door you will see the wiring for the motor inside. You should also see 3 or 4 screws inside. Take the screws out unplug the wires (unless they have already been cut) and there you are the mirror should come right off. Hope this helps.

if i remember correctly you have to take off the door panel on the inside and there are 3 or 4 crews that hold the mirror on the inside of the door. Then you have to remove the wire strand that does to the motor that moves the mirror.

yeah thats how my sol was. sort of a bitch to reach them though

Archived