Engine stall...

FreshDaily

When I let off the gas it bogs down to like 500 RPMs some times less. Also at times when I let off the gas it dies out then starts right back up again with ease! If im sitting at idle it will idle fine then go up about 200 RPMs then back down and stay, then at times when idling it will bog down or even just cut off. No CEL light either, any ideas?? I got a p28 chipped out (OBD 1) with a 99' gsr swap. Would the OBD 2 distributor from the 99' need to be swapped out to an OBD 1 from like a 94-95??

your running an OBD1 ecu with an OBD2 motor in an OBD1 car? i would say the dizzy would haveto be swapped out.

yea, thats what I was thinking, my CEL came on one night for the TDC sensor then went off and never came on again. I ohm'd out the terminals for TDC sensor on the distributor connector and it came back fine even on the harness that plugs into the ECU checked out ok as well. So I was thinking that the dizzy should be swapped. I just wanted to double check. I just bought the car like a week ago and already finding things done wrong for example the vtec wires that were ran to the ecu from the engine wiring harness are f**kin speaker wire! WTF?!... only problem left is this stalling out at times and at idle, only thing I can think is the dizzy. I adjusted the fuel regulator and fuel pressure tested, Im not losing any pressure.

do you know anyone with an OBD1 dizzy thatyou can try before buying one? that would be your best bet so that your not spending money on something you can't take back.

do you know anyone with an OBD1 dizzy thatyou can try before buying one? that would be your best bet so that your not spending money on something you can't take back.

nah my friend as a 98' GSR- OBD2, i think i can snag one from Autozone then return it, my bro's a manager there. I was reading some where else, thats its manditory to swap it out, due the emissions b-s and all that being changed in 96 with the OBD2 ecu. At autozone they got different part numbers too!

i donno. i've heard alot of people swapping the OBD2 dizzy out for and OBD1 because the car doesn't want to run right.

yea thats what Im gonna do, swap them out! Hopefully it will cure my problem!...Im clueless on what else it could be, only other thing I can think is the ECU..... Guy that sold me the car said the ECU was a p28 chipped out, what should I look for? If everything looks all factory, he didnt do a damn thing to it right? :dry:

the P72 is the ECU for teh GSR motors a P28 is for the D16z8 but can be chipped to run a GSR. so in all reality you could have the wrong computer if the P28 is indeed not chipped.

the P72 is the ECU for teh GSR motors a P28 is for the D16z8 but can be chipped to run a GSR. so in all reality you could have the wrong computer if the P28 is indeed not chipped.

Yea I was looking to swap to the p72 regardless. When I take the cover off the p28, what do I look for to see if it's been chipped??

ooo i donno. i've never realy got into the whole socketed ecu thing

well when I took the cover off this morning, it ALL looked to be original in there. Nothing looked like it was tampered with. So I think he was b-s'ing and didnt do jack to the p28, just left it stock!...Im gonna swap it out as well as the dizzy!

Archived