Installing a Shortshifter

nickysamm

you have to remove the center council and remove the plate that holds the shifter boot together, and then you have to get a hammer and a punch to hit out the pin that holds in the shift linkage to the transmission and thats it

Its pretty easy, You do most from underneath the car. Unscrew the shiftknob, then get under the car and remove the two bolts that hold the linkage to the chassis. You should be able to figure out how to remove the old shifter and put the new one in its place from there. Its pretty straightforward.

Me neither.

My B and M one came with instructions that were very easy to follow alone even though I had never done that before.

Make sure you really tighten anything down that you've loosened or your shifter will rattle like mine did and then you have to get under there again and fix it. That's a pain.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered myself a shortshifter for my del sol and am curious to see if you need to dismantle the gearbox to gain access or if everything can be easily accessed by simply removing the centre panel from the cockpit?

Some models already come with a short shift, JDM SiR. UK VTI and I would probably say the US equivalent of both. Check before you buy!!!

Me neither.

My B and M one came with instructions that were very easy to follow alone even though I had never done that before.

Make sure you really tighten anything down that you've loosened or your shifter will rattle like mine did and then you have to get under there again and fix it. That's a pain.

BTW Your ride looks nice and clean, Slap a set of 17" on her lower by 35mm with an MS Design body kit and the birds will flock, my god your nether regions will be red raw!!!! Enjoy !!!

• 2 months later...

it depends on what you like. if you have felt all of them then you can choose. i've used B&M and Skunk2, personally i like the skunk2 more.

Also this was a dead thread.

• 2 months later...

Archived