Should I swap?

museic07

if it was me i'm take a B20 block sleeve it, run a set of Eagle rods, and JE high comp. pistons to do the block. As for the head do a set of crower or skuink 2 springs and retainers, with a set of set of skunk 2 pro cams with a skunk 2 intake manifold and 66mm throttle body. Port and polish the head slap it on the block.

now you said to use a b20 block but what would be a good head?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright, my friend wrecked his prelude yesterday, he was hit in the rear. he has a h22a engine now with about 60,000 miles on it and will give it to me for 1500, how does this sound? it would come with everything for a swap

i cant keep this engine its got way to many miles on it. ive used it to go to florida alot and its pushin about 180,000 which isnt to much but i dont want to race that on the track now even if it was rebuilt, id rather just take the time to get a new one and earn some experience

i cant keep this engine its got way to many miles on it. ive used it to go to florida alot and its pushin about 180,000 which isnt to much but i dont want to race that on the track now even if it was rebuilt, id rather just take the time to get a new one and earn some experience

I agree with hatch 92... go with the crvtec (b20). hot tank your head and rebuild with new valves, springs. retainers.. maybe port and polish, then build the b20 bottom end.. Once the head is rebuilt you dont have to worry about it having 180,000 miles on it b/c it will be better than a new head.... plus the b20 swap would be the easiest since you have everything you need for that swap is in your si already. The b20 crvtec swap makes a lot of power and hell of a lot of torque for a honda. you will save thousands over a k series swap and have money left over for the other things you want all the while gaining a crap load of hands on knowledge

thats not a consitant 10.9 car though. i know of atleast 2 factors that played in that video. 1) it's night tiem and as the track cools the cars hook up better and 2) he's running slicks. So change it to after noon time and street tires and the car is prolly an 11.5 and higher.

alright, im going to sell my car, and right now im looking at preludes and audi 1.8t a4's, now i know everyone is of course gonna say get a prelude, but i kinda want a four door cause its easier to lug my drums and stuff around. so what do you say? or any other opinions on cars?

:) i actually went and looked at a jetta 1.8t wolfsburg edition today i believe it was around an 04. it was super nice and drove really well i was surprised, i have never drove a vw before

gli's are already pretty low, have fun with that in those conditions, they handle like a dream though, and have descent acceleration. my roomate had one 2 years back and he was super careful with it on bumps and driveways and he still had to have the lip repainted.

• 1 month later...

Archived