WANT TO BUILD A 10 SECOND STREET LEGAL 96 INTEGRA

i dont think your gonna run 10's with a small turbo and a/c

i could be wrong, but i doubt it

The turbo is where im starting at,then Im gonna do some changes to the block,intake manifold,a better thortle body,different pistons(bigger ones),cam gears,cam shafts things like that,the object is to keep it legal and my everyday car,if thats possible so I'll see what happens and I'll let you guy know how it goes,I should just do a swap to a B18C1 or C5,and turbo that,but thats much later down the road,thanks for your opinion.

allright dude,I found the one im gonna get,its made by greedy,and its a little bit more money but its a name that is trusted,so now that the turbo is taken care of what would you do next?I appreciate your help,and i think this turbo size is a T3 too,not exactly sure but the dude said it was direct fit and ii would be able to keep mt ac and power sterring to.

you won't run 10's with that setup even with a bored and stroked block and a built head. if your looking for a 10sec or faster car you have to research all your parts. your best bet turbo wise IMO would be a ram horn header with a gt35r with a 3" down pipe and exhaust system. Hell thats over $1500 alone for just the turbo, manifold and down pipe.

In a 96 Integra, you'll be needing about 600+whp (for consistency purposes) and a race weight of about 2500 or 2600 pounds without you in it. CFT's Integra is making 572fwhp with a fully loaded Integra and is running 11.2 on slicks so..

That's just for comparison.

Have fun making it to those numbers broham.

I'd say get your head outta the clouds with the 10sec stuff.... ever ridden in a sub 12 second car? You can still have plenty of fun in the 12's and its still competitive at the local track on Friday nights, and on the street for that matter.

once you start breaking below the ~12's your looking at thousands of dollars of equipment upgrades, safety issues, tech inspections, and an ever compounding amount of rules and regs so you can SAFELY go that fast.

any old shmo can stuff a 1k horse engine in their civic, doing it safely is what NEEDS to be done.

I'd say get your head outta the clouds with the 10sec stuff.... ever ridden in a sub 12 second car? You can still have plenty of fun in the 12's and its still competitive at the local track on Friday nights, and on the street for that matter.

once you start breaking below the ~12's your looking at thousands of dollars of equipment upgrades, safety issues, tech inspections, and an ever compounding amount of rules and regs so you can SAFELY go that fast.

any old shmo can stuff a 1k horse engine in their civic, doing it safely is what NEEDS to be done.

plus all the added weight will slow the car down so now more power is needed to push the extra weight. As far as the rules go alot has changed since the last time i went to the track.

plus all the added weight will slow the car down so now more power is needed to push the extra weight. As far as the rules go alot has changed since the last time i went to the track.

added weight for what?

if i remember correctly you need to run a roll bar at 13.4 or 13.9 or faster now. if i remeber correctly also at 11.9 you need to cage the car. Plus if it is a convertable or a T-top you have to have a roll bar in it anything faster a 14.9.

if i remember correctly you need to run a roll bar at 13.4 or 13.9 or faster now. if i remeber correctly also at 11.9 you need to cage the car. Plus if it is a convertable or a T-top you have to have a roll bar in it anything faster a 14.9.

oooh i didnt know that, good thing my car is slow.

what if the car is faster than 14.9 stock? like the 350 Z roadster runs high 13s.

it still has to have a roll bar if it is a t-top or convertable. my buddy's z28 is supposed to run mid 13's stock and he has a t-top so he will have to put a roll bar in it.

haha just track. that would be hilarious if they made cars, but you could only drive them if you put a roll bar/cage in them. but most "super cars" have them built in anyway

what up yall,allright here is where Im at,the turbo is on and the car is running strong,and it is very fun to drive now,that whole ten second thing is out the window,I have some work being done to the to the head and block now,a new thortle body,new injectors,new cam gears,new cam shafts,and bigger pistons,I guess you guys were right about not getting a 10 second car,but 11 to 13's is good enough for me,after all this work is done,what would be my next step,I have about 4500$left to play with after these parts are installed.

so now that you know whats reasonable, what is your goal and how much $ is gonna go into it

my goal now is to have the fastest car in my area,philly.wich shouldnt be hard to do and I want everything to still be legal plus safe I have to sons so safety is #1 ya know,but the turbo is great and works well,it spools up nicely.yeah im done with that ten second crap,i mean i was told its possible but thats for another time when i can actually put out more than 7k.but the car is quicker now and i just have to do things a step at a time and make sure crap is done right,(Do it right never twice)but I will keep you posted

what up yall,allright here is where Im at,the turbo is on and the car is running strong,and it is very fun to drive now,that whole ten second thing is out the window,I have some work being done to the to the head and block now,a new thortle body,new injectors,new cam gears,new cam shafts,and bigger pistons,I guess you guys were right about not getting a 10 second car,but 11 to 13's is good enough for me,after all this work is done,what would be my next step,I have about 4500$left to play with after these parts are installed.

what are you tuning it with?

just a rule of thumb when building a car for the strret/stripe. Always shoot for a higher tech class then what you are in. if you want to run 13's build a car that can pass a tech inspection for 12's. You get what i'm saying? Also how big of an area you want to try and take over??? Stay out of Albany, NY it's mine!! lol

Archived