b16 help and info!!! please

hey i am about to buy a car witha b16 swap in it well trading for a good deal but dose not have a vtec ecu in it i guess is there a way to tell what car it came out of... and also what ecu do i need its in a a 93 sadan

anyone know a site that give ecu codes?

thank you guys i am new to honda here and just trying to find ways i can find these things out

hey cool thanks so some one one just told me since i have a obo1 since its a 93 civic the p28 he has will work and hes selling it for 90 bucks? a good deal or what? and i will need to get this ecu chipped for sure?

will i be able to just put it in and run it as is for a little while?

and if i do this will the vtec work????

thanks i probably sound like a dumb ass just trying to figure this stuff out!

Only get it if it is chipped and has the b16 basemap on it. Other than that, you can get the ecu that is in the car chipped with a b16 basemap since it is obd1. I say either get a p30 ecu or get the one that is in your car chipped and tuned for a b16. P30's can be had for about $100.

oh awsome there is a guy online saying he dose it for like 80 and will map any ecu so i guess i will just get in on the one thats in there now thanks man for the info if i come across a p30 better to put that in then the ecu i have now with a b16 bace map? or all the same?

hey man thanks alot for the help and stuff

got any sugestions on what i should look for to see if this motor is worth somthing? the guys kinda sounds full of it they said they rebuilt it at 30k or somthing..stupid and it should have 50 now and said he got rods and cams and stuff but sounds like kinda bull most motors dont need a rebuild after 30k...

hey i test drove it with out the ecu tunned and it felt like alot slower than my eg hatch... seems like it would maybe be around the same......what would you think with out the ecu tunned for vtec it should run really slow and not to responsive

Archived