boost on stock d15?

frostedflake

I want to turbo my stock d15b7 with about 130k miles on it I was wondering how much boost I can run on it?

I also want this car to be a daily driver and it has to be reliable because I'm about to go off to college and I won't have our shop around to work on it.

hey, im new 2 this forum and was planning to do the same thing to my d15 except I as going to add eagle rods and kms development turbo pistons to the mix, then later down the road get a kms valvetrain package (titanium retainers, vavles, valve springs, block guard)and I want someones opinion on this. If anybody could help or add any info it would be appreciated, and what other mods do you recommend?????

This is a waste of time unless you swap you head out. With a turbo on the D15 you will still only push maybe 160. Your beet off getting a B16 or H22.You will be pushing just as much and less likely to blow your motor from pushing too much boost.

so do you think its better to swap in a b20 I have sitting in the garage???? I just dont kno what other parts I need to do that kind of swap

This is a waste of time unless you swap you head out. With a turbo on the D15 you will still only push maybe 160. Your beet off getting a B16 or H22.You will be pushing just as much and less likely to blow your motor from pushing too much boost.

dude your an idiot. sit down school is going to be in session

so do you think its better to swap in a b20 I have sitting in the garage???? I just dont kno what other parts I need to do that kind of swap

you can boost the d15 and get more than 160 horseas easily you just have to build the motor. As for swapping a b16 into it your better off swapping a d16z6 head and building that. The b16 makes just as much torque as the d16 but the d16 lacks the horsepower. The money spent just putting the b16 into the car will put a z6 head on the d15 block making it a mini-me swap. Plus it will leave money left over to start the boost prep. I've seen junkyard turbo'd D16's run mid-high 12's all day long with a good tune and a decent amount of boost.

Well Thats true that I wont have my shop to work on my car for a few years, but i'm only gonna be 4 hours away at MTSU. I have another d15 with 93k miles that has a blown head gasket that I was gonna build up with some turbo pistons and eagle rods with a z6 head on it. I was gonna keep in the shop until my stockie finaly gave up. I just want it when people look in their mirrors all that they see is intercooler! :drool:

And when the stockie gives up it wont be anything to drop the spare in, but I will have to have my dad drive 4 hours with his wrecker to get me :dry:

Archived