Suggestion about Improving Performance

nickysamm

I have a del sol with a 1490cc SOHC VTEC engine and instead of replacing the engine with a b16a I'd like to upgrade this engine within its limits without spending too much money that would make more sense to swap the engine all together.

Currently all I've upgraded is the intake filter and replaced it with a short ram and cone filter and a stainless steel full exhaust system.

Your suggestions?

PS> You can check out my car at www.vti815.co.nr and leave your comments there too. thanks.

Intake, Headers, Exhaust, Clutch, Flywheel, Short Shifter, and maybe a Simple MSD set-up.

Currently all I've upgraded is the intake filter and replaced it with a short ram and cone filter and a stainless steel full exhaust system.

and i havent heard anything good come from MSD ignitions unless the motor is highly modified

why not? there are alot of built cars that run factory plugs, wires, and coil packs

Edit: OP if you plan to keep the motor than i'd suggest get the header out of the way since you already have the intake and catback from the soudns of it. then i'd portmatch the intake and exhaust side of the head (if you know how to do it), then do a cam and clutch/flywheel combo that would keep you satifidies for a while. That is until you want more than you'd prolly have to go high compression N/A or boost it. You can boost those little d-sereis motors pretty cheap and easily.

Archived