Should I get a set of blades??

CleanGSR

I need new tires and have been shopping around at maybe some different wheels. I'm running below right now

IMG_0917.jpg

A guy local is selling a set of blades w/ good tread left on the tires...195/55/15's for $300 and they are really clean from the pics.

gsrwheels.jpg

gsrwheels2.jpg

Am I crazy not to get these. Since I need new tires anyway, which would cost $250 for a set shipped and mounted/balanced, I can basically get these for an extra $50. I can't decide. My wife also told me I can spend up to $600 on rims (from tax money), but I'm cheap and don't want to spend more than I can. I was also thinking about Drag DR-17's (I know....I hate knockoffs too, but I'm cheap and have a kid to feed), but the Drag's (while new) will run me $620 shipped vs. $300 for the blades.

Help.....what should I do???

Blades also look sick in gunmetal and resemble ITR wheels so I could go that route (I'm always a fan of gunmetal on black)

Click Here

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna get them if they're not gone already.....I'm waiting on a reply from the guy. I love the ITR look of the gunmetal ones, so I'll probably go that route. I just hope the 55 series tire doesn't rub. I ran 195/60's and they rubbed....205/50's and they didn't rub, so it could be anybody's guess on whether the 55's will rub. Oh well, I guess I'll find out.

i think you should get them because they are such a good deal. the only thing i dont like about those wheels is that the spokes go the opposite way on one side of the car, just annoys me

The SI's got sold this past October to fund some camera goodies. I think I've decided against the blades for the reason AirJordan said. I've always been annoyed by the spokes being backwards on one side and I always hated that about my old Enkei's too. Gonna just get some all black 5 spoke 15's with new tires. Thanks for all the input though.

Not to be rude, but......because it's my car and that's what I like. I love the way my car looks in my sig with the black wheels, I just don't like a few things, like the 5.5" width, high offset, and too much tire with a 14". All of those will be fixed with the 15x7 38mm 5 spokes that I plan to get and the look should stay the same with a better stance and handling.

I did a photoshop of the Konig Minuz 15's on my car. Opinion on these? Obviously it will look better for real than in photoshop....but .....????

img_1318-2.jpg

I might drop the car about another half inch when I get new rims.....if I can do so without rubbing.

I'm also liking these

IMG_1318-3.jpg

Archived