windshield wiper problem

Nayr790

I recently puchased a 1998 Honda Civic as my first car. It has some minor problems, most of which I could fix myself. One of them is the windsheild wipers. I have the options of intermitant, slow and fast speeds. The problem is that only the fast speed works and the intermitant and the slow speeds don't. The windshield wiper washer works fine as well, so it can't be a blown fuse right? Any ideas on how to fix this?

I had that same problem with a 94 integra. The person who we got the car from had messed with the wireing on it, so when I was changing the ignition I saw that the plugs in the back of the combination switch were not in all the way so I pushed them in and it worked perfectly. I would check that first and if they still dont work then the combination switch itself might be defective, and you can change it.

this seems like its the right thread to ask this in, so here goes, sorry for threadjacking. my washers dnt work. theres fluid in there, but the pumps wont even come on. ive looked for a fuse, but cant find one. ne help?

you could just make a new thread. but anyway, the fuses are located on the drivers side under the dash to the left of the steering wheel, or in the engine bay. check those

you could just make a new thread. but anyway, the fuses are located on the drivers side under the dash to the left of the steering wheel, or in the engine bay. check those

thats where i thought they were, just havent gotten around to checking. but if that turns out not to be the problem then what should i check?

Archived