Is it worth it?

96_TeGGy

Just got a 96' integra rs(b 18b). I want to convert it to a v-tec. My local performance shop wants to charge me 1,500 for all the parts and labor. Is that about the right price for this conversion and how much of power gain am i gonna receive?

Any one that knows about this you're input is important.

what all are they doing? are they just throwing a vtec head on it and calling it a day? or are they actually going to change out the internals? you need to get more information from that shop and find out exactly what they are doing. if they are going to do it right then 1500 is a steal.

to do a head on alot of cars $1500 isn't bad for parts and labor. You figure $700 for a head. I know average per hour cost around shops back home are close to $100 an hour. Well you figure it'll be atleast 4-5hours to do if you take your time. So $700 in parts and $500 in labor plus gaskets, what ever new hoses, and misc. parts making up about $100 give or take. So i don't think it's a bad deal.

Thanks for all your inputs. As far as i was told he said new head new computer and labor and all the v-tec components and connections. I dont mind spending the money,but my concern is, if the power gain worth the cash? About how much hp gain will be produced from this?

Archived