Not really new

James Matteu

yeah something like this would be cool. tan to match the dash, wood grain to match, well the wood grain. and yes i know its a lexus, but just an idea

JTJGA31U860062136-8808797_LG.jpg

yeah something like this would be cool. tan to match the dash, wood grain to match, well the wood grain. and yes i know its a lexus, but just an idea

JTJGA31U860062136-8808797_LG.jpg

Yeah, I would like to use the switches from the Acura CL (see below), but I haven't determined if they can be attached to my steering wheel. The fitment does not appear to pose any problems, I just haven't checked. The one in the picture below has three buttons: an up arrow at top, a "channel" button in the middle, and a down arrow at the bottom.

98_acura_cl_int.jpg

I consider it part of the audio system, and as such, all upgrades to that system would be done simultaneously: LCD screens in the headrests for the kids, audio control on the steering wheel, Acura CD player (pictured above), DVD player in the trunk in place of the 6-disc changer I have now, iPod control in place of the 8-pin DIN cable currently in the back of my stereo.

I just don't know how many kid's movie I can stomach on a trip, unless I setup something to isolate the DVD audio channels to headphones.

Pictures like this make me think it wouldn't fit. In 1997, the Acura CL had a steering wheel exactly like mine, but didn't have the audio control. Yeah yeah, I know everyone is going to say, "Get rid of the black steering wheel and put that one in!"

acura_cl(1997)_05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived