my crx wide body

amadmotorman

i wouldnt do it unless it is a complete show car. if the kit is fiberglass (which im guessing) and then you mold it to the body, it will eventually crack because the metal and fiberglass bend under different stresses.

if it is a show car, expect to spend a decent amount of money to get it to look right

amadmotorman, you're not listening. Different materials flex differently under the same stress. Polyurethae, polyethalene, fiberglass, etc.; unless it is a steel body kit that has to be welded to the skin of the car, it will flex differently and crack.

Now, if your implying that the kit is able to flex with the chassis because it is a polymer, understand that even this has its limitations.

Find out exactly what kind of polymer it is (something more descriptive than poly) and let us know.

amadmotorman, you're not listening. Different materials flex differently under the same stress. Polyurethae, polyethalene, fiberglass, etc.; unless it is a steel body kit that has to be welded to the skin of the car, it will flex differently and crack.

Now, if your implying that the kit is able to flex with the chassis because it is a polymer, understand that even this has its limitations.

Find out exactly what kind of polymer it is (something more descriptive than poly) and let us know.

exactly

and even if its a polymer, how do you think its going to be molded to the body???

i mean, you can do it, but you will be spending a lot of time and money getting it to look good, but it wont last that long

Dude, I just took me 2 minutes on yahoo to find the following:

I found out that a spyder wide-body kit is made of a material called Duraflex.

I went to the duraflex website and found out that duraflex is considered a "premium" fiberglass. It is fiberglass with polymer fibers mixed in to add flexibility.

Bottom line, it is not a modern polymer. Modern polymers can be melted and reformed multiple times without deformation or degredation of the cross-linkages. Modern polymers are cured with UV light. Modern polymers can be infused with semiconductive materials and flex agents.

The cross-linkages in a classic polymer like fiberglass can be broken easily, which is why fiberglass shatters upon impact.

Duraflex is still the same old fiberglass/resin combination with a new twist to reduce, as the distributer's ad states it, "shipping damages up to 75%."

Sorry OP, this Spyder Wide Body kit is going to crack like the rest.

thanks for the posts it is duraglass whatever i want to do it so bad but i love to race ing i dont jnow i might wait till i do my rwd crx and then put in on my fwd and make that more show what do you think of ts looks

do you race on the street or the track?

i dont recommend racing on the street, no matter how good of a driver you think you are, accidents happen, which is why they are called accidents. besides, if you have a huge obnoxious body kit, your car will scream racer to cops and they will pay more attention to your car rather than the clean, stealthy, sleepers.

and did you just say rwd crx? you must be made of money

• 3 weeks later...

Archived