1993 honda civic 1.6l smokes

rocknskulls

hi i just started having this problem and stopped driving my car it started smoking through the oil breather filter and i found out that my spark plug seals were worn and replaced them and yet it still smokes. oil has been changed too any help on this? thanks

sounds like your piston rings are shot, either that or bad valve seals

you have blow-by

how much money are we talking about here ??? valve seals are those the spark plug seals??

sorry about that nevermind about the valve seals thats probably not it, blow-by is when your piston moves up in the block and the rings cant hold the pressure, thus causing air to spill out of the breather, oil is burnt in he cumbustion chamber and thats where the smoke comes from

one more thing it could be though is the pcv valve, much cheaper to replace, try it first yours might be clogged thus causing the same reaction, any parts store sells them even wal-mart has them

sorry about that nevermind about the valve seals thats probably not it, blow-by is when your piston moves up in the block and the rings cant hold the pressure, thus causing air to spill out of the breather, oil is burnt in he cumbustion chamber and thats where the smoke comes from

one more thing it could be though is the pcv valve, much cheaper to replace, try it first yours might be clogged thus causing the same reaction, any parts store sells them even wal-mart has them

i dont have a pcv valve it was removed when the oil breather filter was put in

just came here to update what i found out is one of my seals i put in is leaking so im going to put another one in tuesday when the parts come in and the pvc valve i found out wasnt removed it goes to a filterbox on the back beside the oil filter i got to looking and saw it but it looked good might change later if the seal doesnt work thanks for the help

Archived