Enclosure Kick Panels

Ok... so.. I drive a 93 Honda Del Sol... I currently have a 8" Kicker L5 sittin between the two seats.... But as Im doing things to the car while its winter ( body kit, F1 fenders, tails, paint, and subs) I wanted to move the sub/ get a new set-up. I really dont want any subs behind the seats because I want to keep behind the seats clean so I can use the storage. I came across the idea of kick panels.... But i havent seen them for the del sol... I also wanted to know if they would work with the clutch pedal? I was told that you cant hear them too well if they are in the trunk so thats kinda out of the question. Any ideas? I would also like to stick with kicker and perferably their solo series.. thanks

I would def have modified the panels a bit to help the subs.... but as far as the trunk... i could get away with one 12" solo ro even psooible two 12" solos... but then i couldnt put the targa in there.... I already tried puttin my 12" kicker in there and with my strut bar it barely fit... so i dunno..... I was also thinking of doing some fiberglass work for the first time..... That panel with the rear speakers..... what if i put four of the subs along that panel right under the back window? Think that is possible? I know that it will stick out a little... but i could still use the storage then..... Im happy with the sub's size cause it hits pretty good... You can hear my sub from about 20ft away... and im only pushin 400w max on a clarion.... of course thats windows down but it still hits... nothin like my 12" tho.. LOL

i have two twelves in my trunk and the targa still fits.

as for that back panel, you would have to use 8 inch subs, and then they would be right behind your head.

if you want to start doing fiberglass, make a custom box in your trunk for two twelves

• 4 weeks later...
trust me, you can hear subs fine when they are in the trunk. usually you only use kick panels for speakers because there wouldn't be enough airspace for a sub to sound good

listen to this guy.

Actually kick panel speakers sound a lot better than the ones placed on the doors. As far as it clearing your clutch pedal, it can to a certain degree. Yes, degree as in the angle its facing the driver's head. Crutchfield has kick panels but i don't see any for your year car. there are some for the same year for a civic but its like 170 bucks.

• 4 weeks later...

airjordan what sub boxes do you have?...the two boxes i have from a previous car dont allowe me to put my targa in with them....its a pain in the butt have to buckle the subs into the passenger seat every nice day this winter lol

Ya, I think i will just throw some subs in the trunk. I know I would go with some L7's tho. Im not a fan of sony or JL. I really do like Kicker tho. I know they dont sound the best, but being in my trunk, im not looking for good sound. how much rattle do you get? What about the back window, i really dont want to hurt that! I dont really know how im going to position the sub/subs either. I have a strut bar in the rear and kind of limits me for positions. I have had a L7 I had in my beater, but recently put it in my girlfriends car. And I didnt put it in the Del Sol because its in the L7 box and doesnt fit..... Ill post up some pics of whatever I do decide on doing tho. Thanks to everyone.

airjordan what sub boxes do you have?...the two boxes i have from a previous car dont allowe me to put my targa in with them....its a pain in the butt have to buckle the subs into the passenger seat every nice day this winter lol

i just got a Q logic box but want to make a custom one at some point

Ya, I think i will just throw some subs in the trunk. I know I would go with some L7's tho. Im not a fan of sony or JL. I really do like Kicker tho. I know they dont sound the best, but being in my trunk, im not looking for good sound. how much rattle do you get? What about the back window, i really dont want to hurt that! I dont really know how im going to position the sub/subs either. I have a strut bar in the rear and kind of limits me for positions. I have had a L7 I had in my beater, but recently put it in my girlfriends car. And I didnt put it in the Del Sol because its in the L7 box and doesnt fit..... Ill post up some pics of whatever I do decide on doing tho. Thanks to everyone.

there really isnt any rattle you can hear from inside the car, but the outside was pretty bad. i got some sound deadening for the trunk and that helped out a lot, also made the bass a lot cleaner. theres also some rubber stoppers on your trunk lid that you can unscrew so they stick out more and make the trunk close tighter

Archived