want boost! what do i need!?

DC2MONSTAH

ive benn a NA guy for a minute and now im looking for more power, i got a b18b1 as my canvas, i want a reliable(as reliable as tubo can be)setup,just for pullin on people in the streets or at lights on ocasion. whats the cheapest most reliable way to go in terms of parts,psi ect...

it would be great if u could list some for me thanxx

if you want cheap you don't usually find reliable. it's usually one or the other, to build a nice turbo set up and make it reliable it takes money.

Motor

pistons - $400+

rods - $300+

sleeves(possibly)

Head

cams - $200+

springs/retainers - $250+

valves(or heat treat the ones you have)

Exhaust

Turbo Manifold - $150+

Turbo - $400+

3" downpipe - $130+

2.5"-3" catback w/ high flow cat - $300+

Intake

intercooler - $300+

chargepipe - $110+

ECU

Hondata,or Crome, etc. - $150+

Total: $2500+

It can get expensive

Edit: and some of those are crack head prices.

if you want cheap you don't usually find reliable. it's usually one or the other, to build a nice turbo set up and make it reliable it takes money.

Motor

pistons - $400+

rods - $300+

sleeves(possibly)

Head

cams - $200+

springs/retainers - $250+

valves(or heat treat the ones you have)

Exhaust

Turbo Manifold - $150+

Turbo - $400+

3" downpipe - $130+

2.5"-3" catback w/ high flow cat - $300+

Intake

intercooler - $300+

chargepipe - $110+

ECU

Hondata,or Crome, etc. - $150+

Total: $2500+

It can get expensive

Edit: and some of those are crack head prices.

SO I GUESS A TURBO KIT WOULD BE THE BEST TO START OFF WITH RIGHT? BUT WITH APPLICATIONS LIKE THE ONES GREDDY AND EDELBROCK CAME OUT WITH. WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN STOCK INTERNALS ?IF SO HOW MUCK CAN A STOCK B18B1 HANDLE IN TERMS OF PSI COMBINED WITH MILAGE?

SO I GUESS A TURBO KIT WOULD BE THE BEST TO START OFF WITH RIGHT? BUT WITH APPLICATIONS LIKE THE ONES GREDDY AND EDELBROCK CAME OUT WITH. WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN STOCK INTERNALS ?IF SO HOW MUCK CAN A STOCK B18B1 HANDLE IN TERMS OF PSI COMBINED WITH MILAGE?

You should be able to run about 10-12 psi safely, i would keep it around 8 psi for daily driving and get a better headgasket and head studs cause that always helps.

Archived