honda engine bay noises

maniek

Dear forum members,

this winter my honda is starting to fall apart i guess. There is rubbing noise that comes from the engine bay. I've checked all the liquids and the oil, etc is all at the levels that it should be. The next logical step in reasoning could be that it's a worn belt or a rusted pulley(or a rock or a piece of salt got in there and is making the noise everytime the engine is running) . I don' like the honda dealerships in my area, they're sheisters and i have always fixed the problems i had with my car myself.

Please advise what it could be

regards,

Maniek

this is a video clip of the engine with the sound on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGow_Bk4v3Q

just to add ... the engine ran quiter ..... i don't know where to start .... i have power train till 100k but knowing my dealer he will find a loop hole to make me stress and pay out of my own pocket....he's an butthead.......

regards

Maniek

take it to the dealer dude. it sounds to me like its 60% of a blown engine. were you beating it? it didnt just start doing it out of the blue , i find that hard to beleve. under which conditions did it start making this noise? dont run it anymore till you have an idea. you should take a video clip outsde of it running , inside theres too much echo and its har to hear.

no i don't beat on the car.... it start making the noises around winter time..... when it started snowing.... there is no jerkiness in driving and it drives smooth.....thereforei don't know what's going on.... i don't do oil changes at the dealership.....

You motor sounds old, like a valve stem is bent or something.

Use a metal rod about 2-3 feet long (if you really are desperate, pull the hood prop out and use that), and hold it against your mastoid process (the part of your skull behind your ear).

While firmly pressed against your skull and your finger plugging your ear canal, touch different parts of your engine while it is running. You will be able to hear the internals of the engine, and this way be able determine if the noise is originating from the inside of the motor or the outside.

This method can be used to isolate bad valves, old bearings, regions of low fluid pressure, etc.

You motor sounds old, like a valve stem is bent or something.

Use a metal rod about 2-3 feet long (if you really are desperate, pull the hood prop out and use that), and hold it against your mastoid process (the part of your skull behind your ear).

While firmly pressed against your skull and your finger plugging your ear canal, touch different parts of your engine while it is running. You will be able to hear the internals of the engine, and this way be able determine if the noise is originating from the inside of the motor or the outside.

This method can be used to isolate bad valves, old bearings, regions of low fluid pressure, etc.

you know what you saved my life it's the alternator.... the engine purrs .... the alternator shrieks when i put te rod right next to it....

thanks man

Archived