I don't know....

newkidwithsol

Quick question.... I've recently got interested in the H22 (really who doesnt want more power?) A local shop around me would install the swap for $3300. That is all parts and the labor. I currently have a B18B1 in my 93 Del Sol. My question is.... Do I continue heading towards the H22 and turbo it in roughly two - three years or immediatly work on turboing my B18B1? The car is NOT my DD, however I wouldn't want it to be unreliable in any way either. I would like to drive 600 miles to shows and not trailer it. I just had my head reshaved due to it being warped about three months ago. I cant decide what is better esp since I just got involved in Imports. As far as power.... I wouldnt mind high 200 to mid 300hp. I dont have a problem with faster either! LOL But that is about as low as I would want to be. And I know that goal would be easy with the H22. I was also told that I wouldnt have to sleeve the block of the B18B1 but as the H22 I have no choice because of the carbon fiber and aluminum (FMR I think) I dunno... I just need someone to slap me in the face and point me in a direction. LOL

Sleeving a b28 isn't a real necessity if all you're looking for is 300hp. It's obviously something nice to have, but on a b18b1 it's not crucial. I say this because I'm basically assuming those are the numbers you want. Of course if you boost you'll want more so..

Sleeving would be great on either motor.

That actually makes alot of sense. I am still unsure of which setup I would want.... If I do look into the B18B1 more.... should I see about putting a v-tec head on? I really wouldnt want to because I just had mine reshaved $856 later :( But I would love more power! LOL Who doesnt?

Archived