I need to upgrade my 92-95 Civic suspension.

VEHICLE____I have a 95 Civc Hatch. The body has around 140k on it and I am sure probably the stock shocks springs( just a guess) I am getting an annoying rattle from my passenger rear......I have concluded that it is the shock possibley. My car has alot of body roll to it and i would love to atleast cut that in half.

PROBLEM______The problem is that I do car audio all day long( my expertise), but as far as basic mechinics , I usually have my personal mechanic take care of that. He has been out of the honda seen for a few years and now owns a 350Z. If i can get a few recomendations on what is the BETTER BUY and the BANG FOR THE BUCK suspension as of late I will order them and have him do the installation.

NEEDS______My cart sits at around stock height and I do not want much more than a 1.25" drop. This is my DD for the moent and my wife loves to express her self....sometimes making it so repetaitve that in engraves in to my brain and drives my nuts.( meaning the wife has got to be happy with the purchase). It rides rouggh as of now so I do not think that too stiff is possible, but i would like an over all improvement both in comfort and performance.

THANKS_______So if you have any ideas and a good place to pick it up please help me out and post it up....also if you know what ll would need to be replaced to solve the suspension upgrade please post that as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a set of Tokico Blues (HP's) and a set of Tein S-techs. Ride quality should be close to stock, handle much better, be a conservative drop and not break the bank.

If you want a little more performance upgrade to the Tokico Illumina's and get Ground Control Coilovers, but it will ride a little stiffer and cost a little more.....will handle better though and give the versatility to raise or lower the car down the road.

Get a set of Tokico Blues (HP's) and a set of Tein S-techs. Ride quality should be close to stock, handle much better, be a conservative drop and not break the bank.

If you want a little more performance upgrade to the Tokico Illumina's and get Ground Control Coilovers, but it will ride a little stiffer and cost a little more.....will handle better though and give the versatility to raise or lower the car down the road.

Sounds good I was also looking at the koni yellows....mentioned by Nancy in a recent post about compuvisions car.......and GC springs.

Do you have a reliable link for the tokico blues?

If you are willing to spend the money and want the performance of the koni yellows then forget about the blues. Tokico blues are actually considered as a stock replacement and only slightly more dampening than stock. If you can't swing the money for the Yellows then get Tokico Illuminas and Ground Control's. That's the setup I have and I love it. Nice and stiff, but not too bad when set on level 2 all around. I don't remember where I got mine but it was one of the vendors on Honda-tech.

A lot of people like the KYB AGXs, but I think most people will tell you the Konis are better. It's up to you, they're both good.

Ebay...depends on the price and the condition. I, personally would want brand new stuff. If I bought from ebay, it would probably have to be a shop or warehouse with an ebay account, not a private seller.

Try New Level also

A lot of people like the KYB AGXs, but I think most people will tell you the Konis are better. It's up to you, they're both good.

Ebay...depends on the price and the condition. I, personally would want brand new stuff. If I bought from ebay, it would probably have to be a shop or warehouse with an ebay account, not a private seller.

Try New Level also

I have also heard good things about the AGX's.....for the set I would be looking at $388 as apposed the the Koni yellows for $540 for the set through tirerack. the KYB shocks puts my a little clsoer to budget especially when I figure in springs...and if I went through Ebay on the springs it would deffinately bet hrough a shop.

Ill wait and see if anyone has had any bad experience with the AGX's..........

Koni Yellows are leaps and bounds better than agx's. Not even the same class. For the same price range, the illumina's are better than the agx's too. Yellows are better than illumina's but really only worth the extra cash if you're doing some serious weekend auto-x/roadracing.

Koni Yellows are leaps and bounds better than agx's. Not even the same class. For the same price range, the illumina's are better than the agx's too. Yellows are better than illumina's but really only worth the extra cash if you're doing some serious weekend auto-x/roadracing.

cant seem to find the Illuminas on any of the above sites.

I also found this here....

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2069209

just waiting on a response.

No Limit is where I got mine. Now that it was posted I remember. Had good service too. They have Illuminas

Rear Struts

Front 1

Front 2

The rears are the same so you'd order 2 of the Rear Struts link. Front Struts are different on each side (due to the brake line bracket) so you'd order on of each link for the Front Struts.

Absolutely do NOT buy your springs off ebay. If you buy the cheap springs off ebay then it will be way to stiff of spring rates and the ride will be bouncy and very, very harsh. Not only that but they will sag before long since they're not quality made. Also many ebay sellers have been caught selling "Tein" springs that are actually knockoffs that look almost identical without disclosing that they are fakes.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to send that Honda-tech seller a message to see the price of their illuminas. It looks like a reputable company for H-T.

No Limit is where I got mine. Now that it was posted I remember. Had good service too. They have Illuminas

Rear Struts

Front 1

Front 2

The rears are the same so you'd order 2 of the Rear Struts link. Front Struts are different on each side (due to the brake line bracket) so you'd order on of each link for the Front Struts.

Absolutely do NOT buy your springs off ebay. If you buy the cheap springs off ebay then it will be way to stiff of spring rates and the ride will be bouncy and very, very harsh. Not only that but they will sag before long since they're not quality made. Also many ebay sellers have been caught selling "Tein" springs that are actually knockoffs that look almost identical without disclosing that they are fakes.

Edit: It wouldn't hurt to send that Honda-tech seller a message to see the price of their illuminas. It looks like a reputable company for H-T.

Thanks for the link......the Illuminas are looking at $440 for the set...not bad. That would put my over my budget but not by much.....what would be a good Spring to match them up to? link please.\

Again thanks for all the help guys....most of these upgrades are over due .....due to the cost of school for both me and my wife....shell be out in april.....and I make decent money where I work now. Hopefully by this summer I am asking about B20 upgrades and jackson racing questions. :D

***EDIT***** I was quoted $450 from the guy on Honda tech for the Moni yellows...still waiting on a price for the Illuminas....not a bad price if he is indeed legit.

Eibach Pro Kit

You need to find out whether you need 92-95 civic front suspension though. If you have a B16 swap then that might not be the struts/springs that you need in front. I know that member EH6TunerDaniel did a B16 swap in his del sol and couldn't use his AGX's and springs for the del sol with his swap.

Eibach Pro Kit

You need to find out whether you need 92-95 civic front suspension though. If you have a B16 swap then that might not be the struts/springs that you need in front. I know that member EH6TunerDaniel did a B16 swap in his del sol and couldn't use his AGX's and springs for the del sol with his swap.

wow....that sucks....anyidea what fronts he had to go with? would that not fit or was it due to the weight of the swap?

Archived