motor swap

420droc

i have a del sol si sitttin in my driveway...... i want to make it into a street monster.... not big into goin to a track but i just want to destroy people on the street..... i was thinkin about a b18 or a f20c (s200) motors...maybe a f20b motor (witch is ALOT cheaper and it a long block so i dont kno if it will fit..) any ideaas on these items... will the s2000 motor even fit wit the right linkage and mounts...etc

will the s2000 motor even fit wit the right linkage and mounts...etc

Yes. You can make anything fit.

i was thinkin about a b18 or a f20c (s200) motors...maybe a f20b motor (witch is ALOT cheaper and it a long block so i dont kno if it will fit..)

If your worried about saving money on an engine, then the conversion isn't for you.... You do realize that the s2000 is rear wheel drive right?

yea i forgot about the rear wheel drive thing damn haha.... i dont care about the money i can always make money.... just it would be such a bitch to do..... but then again for the price i could probly buy an s2000....... b series it is then i guess.... if u have other ideas im alwways up for ppls opinion ....

Couldn't you use the S2000 longblock and use a Tranny from an older prelude or accord since they're F-Series as well? Just wandering.

The F20C has more in common with the K-series (clockwise rotation, etc.) than it does with older F-series.

such a blessing lol, one of those babies has to be my next car

There are so many of us waiting for the price to get low enough that when it hits that critical mass, we will start snatching them up and drive the price back up. We would all be on the lookout for that deal from someone that really doesn't understand what they are selling (low balling).

The F20C has more in common with the K-series (clockwise rotation, etc.) than it does with older F-series.

Hmm, then couldn't you just slap the K series tranny on there?

Hmm, then couldn't you just slap the K series tranny on there?

When I said the F20C shares more in common with the rest of the K-series, I was speaking in terms of basic design, not compatability.

Kind of like the 1987 Honda CRX DX has more in common, in terms of the chassis, with the 1985 Honda CRX Si than it does with the 1987 Honda CRX Si

When I said the F20C shares more in common with the rest of the K-series, I was speaking in terms of basic design, not compatability.

Kind of like the 1987 Honda CRX DX has more in common, in terms of the chassis, with the 1985 Honda CRX Si than it does with the 1987 Honda CRX Si

You can use the s2000 engine with a rsx types tranny. It has been done and is being done as we speak. It would be a lot of money to get the pieces. Hasport is coming out with a kit for that swap. This info I have was received by a friend of mine who was the all motor king for a long time

You can use the s2000 engine with a rsx types tranny...

I was not certain, I didn't want to say there is a compatability when I was not certain there was.

Couldn't you use the S2000 longblock and use a Tranny from an older prelude or accord since they're F-Series as well? Just wandering.

But I was trying to reply to this.

Archived