Rain+Sol=bad joo joo

Midnight civic

So I bought a del sol during the summer, and since I live in Washington, it rains alot. When it rains my roof leaks on the drivers side, and I get a ton of condensation in my trunk which soaks EVERYTHING in there. Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do about this situation???

You can pick up Honda Silicone Grease at any dealer...if not it should be 100% silicone grease, or dielectric grease. You'd want to apply it somewhat liberally and let it soak into the seals. It's kind of a pain cause most people just slop the stuff on and go...which will leave marks on your window.

As for condensation in the trunk, most likely you have a leak in a clip of the B-pillar or the ventilation box thing is leaking in water. Both are somewhat involved fixes, as you must pull parts off the car. The notorious, and more common, B-pillar clip is the bottom one, right above the trunk. So you'll need to remove that whole rear piece of the B-pillar and find a way to get a seal around the clip that sits right above the trunk. To get to the ventilation box involves removing the rear bumper and cleaning out/re-sealing the box so that water does not leak in and the ventilation flap closes properly. You can find how-tos on the Team del Sol site.

My Sol had minor condensation in the trunk, so I never really felt the need to fix it. The worst the condensation did was warp the floorboard - which was replaced with some solid wood. I'm guessing if it's major to the point of standing water, you would want to fix it ASAP.

You know that back piece to the B-pillar? It is held in by some clips along the top sides and bottom. It's the bottom clips, right above trunk. You want to find a way to get a decent seal around those bottom clips cause that's where the water usually finds it's way into the trunk.

Here's a link that'll prolly be more helpful than me describing it, hehe: Fix a Trunk Leak

Archived