another set of pictures

havent been around lately, been pretty busy with school and work and crap. figured id stop in though and throw some pics of the car finally, since i promised them and never uploaded some for you lol. pictures arent the best since the sun went down but i was just installing my new rally armor mudflaps and figured id grab a couple pics. the pictures i took dont show the mudflaps well, damn do i need a good camera. ill take some tomorrow, hopefully it will be sunny out.

102_1935.jpg

102_1937.jpg

the new interior (notice how i have the pass-through now :) )

102_1938.jpg

102_1939.jpg

motor cant really see, the turbo kinda hides under the intercooler piping. i apologize for how dirty the engine bay is. need a good day of cleanin'.

102_1943.jpg

102_1944.jpg

and some of the interior lights

102_1940.jpg

my mod craziness is close to an end for now, i have to pay off bills and i have to save up for a clutch since i feel mine starting to go. then its methanol setup, CF vortex generator, and then who knows. i also still have to get the front lip and rear spats painted. i think i might go out and buy a spray gun and try to do it myself, i always wanted to learn how to paint.

enjoy

car looks great man. nice to see you around again happy new year.

damn! i'm confused by the seatbealts though. 4 point and a regular over the shoulder belt?

last i knew depending where you go for inspections they wouldn't pass the car if it had harnesses in it. However last time i e-mailed the DMV and NY State Troopers the harnesses were ok to use. Which is good because i took my seatbelts out when i did my harnesses.

It doesn't depend on where you go, it depends on how far the mechanic is willing to let you go, before he feels his life, and livelihood is at risk. Those lick, and stick guys are running a huge risk with letting some stuff pass that shouldn't. Its outrageous the amount of trouble they can get into for that stuff.

the belts are for show only. the only reason why i bought them is to run them into the backseat, therefore eliminating anyone from riding in the back :)

and happy new year to everyone, and a late merry xmas. ill take more pictures tomorrow, its suppose to be on the warmer side i believe so im going to clean her up and take some pictures.

Cause they aren't DOT approved. Granted they are probably safer for you, but to my knowledge is that schroth is about the only racing belt thats approved by the DOT. No one wants to shell out the money to have the DOT inspect them I guess.

im a freak with my car. if you ever sat in an sti before, you would quickly learn that it should have never been a 4 seater, at least how i position my seat. everyone who sits back there ends up dirtying up everything and it drives me insane. i dont plan to strip the interior b/c that looks retarded, i just did it so i have an excuse not to carry passengers. when i need to bring someone in the back (like my bro's or something) they can still sit back there.

airjordan - im like 1hr 30-45 from albany. i play hockey up there. also the stock lights werent red, i made them all red. the radio buttons were all green, as so the keyring, and the ashtray light, along with the door lights. i made them all red, they look so much better that way. now im just waiting to get a pioneer avic d3 in dash touch screen to finish that off.

im a freak with my car. if you ever sat in an sti before, you would quickly learn that it should have never been a 4 seater, at least how i position my seat. everyone who sits back there ends up dirtying up everything and it drives me insane. i dont plan to strip the interior b/c that looks retarded, i just did it so i have an excuse not to carry passengers. when i need to bring someone in the back (like my bro's or something) they can still sit back there.

airjordan - im like 1hr 30-45 from albany. i play hockey up there. also the stock lights werent red, i made them all red. the radio buttons were all green, as so the keyring, and the ashtray light, along with the door lights. i made them all red, they look so much better that way. now im just waiting to get a pioneer avic d3 in dash touch screen to finish that off.

well damn that makes it even better. did you use LED's? all the conversions ive seen are spotted, your gauges look pretty even

well damn that makes it even better. did you use LED's? all the conversions ive seen are spotted, your gauges look pretty even

the ac controls and the door controls are LED's. the actual radio buttons and the keyring and ashtray light i just took the bulbs off, pulled off the little green condoms on the bulbs, and sharpied them with a red marker haha. i need to buy the red condoms for the bulbs though because they are a slight lighter red than the rest.

seb.james - yeah im not too worried about the weight. plus, if i took my back seats and crap out, it would be super loud in the cabin now that i have the invidia back on.

the ac controls and the door controls are LED's. the actual radio buttons and the keyring and ashtray light i just took the bulbs off, pulled off the little green condoms on the bulbs, and sharpied them with a red marker haha. i need to buy the red condoms for the bulbs though because they are a slight lighter red than the rest.

seb.james - yeah im not too worried about the weight. plus, if i took my back seats and crap out, it would be super loud in the cabin now that i have the invidia back on.

what about your stock gauges? were they already that color?

Defis are nice ass gauges.

agreed, but not nice on the pocket :laugh: things cost me like 750 and that was used! well, barely used lol.

compuvision - thanks man

Archived