Importing Cars

Hatch92

I've been looking around online and was wondering how hard it would be in import a vehicle from Canada. I've seen a few SiR's for sale and some are pretty close to my wifes parents house in NY. From what i have read the vehicle must conform to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. So would the civic SiR in canadia follow these standards or not?

given the fact that canada has more restrictions than us , id say youd have no problem. but the rules differ of course from us and canada. not only will you be importing a car into the us , youl be exporting one from canada. youl have to have the paperwork at your border 3 days ahead of time. google importing cars into the us.

well i was doing some looking around earlier. I geuss i'll just have to e-mail the US/Canadian customs office and see what the processing fees are and what forms i will need to send them.

cranny had it a little easier as the vehicle was wrecked. crossing the border with parts should be a lot different then a full car?

I think the other issue is the emissions. at the time Canadian emissions were less than the US. So if you import the car it won't adhere to specs and you would need some special exemption.

cranny had it a little easier as the vehicle was wrecked. crossing the border with parts should be a lot different then a full car?

I think the other issue is the emissions. at the time Canadian emissions were less than the US. So if you import the car it won't adhere to specs and you would need some special exemption.

I think he snatched the whole car.

I think he snatched the whole car.

he did snatch the whole car, but being wrecked and not street worthy it could have been classified as 'parts'

yes i never even thought about emissions dude , sorry about that. that would definitely be your biggest hurdle. but im almost certain honda cars dont differ polution wise US to canada.

yes importing a car for parts is alot different.

baahaahaa@ls1 , true fukin story too man , i crapt you not. one way or another , that car was comming home!!!! , lol

Archived