93 Accord No Spark. WHAT COULD BE LEFT! / Now; and or Timing probl

Squigz84

So i have a 1993 Honda Accord LX. My car died when I was sitting in my car with it on and running for awhile, it will not turn on, and it is due to no spark going to the plugs. I have a great battery, good starter altinator and all that good stuff. It wants to crank but no spark. I changed the ingition coil and module, still no spark. I really doubt all of my wires are bad, but if you know of posibably a bad ecu, or

computer <if it even has one>, heard of some kind of sensor on my steering colum that could have gone bad. Please anyone! I saw a couple of posts with same problem but no rational answer.

So i went out and pulled my distributor cap and cranked my car to see if my rotor was even spinning. It did nothing. So this leads me to belive that its my timing belt/chain/gear? I'm highly mechanically inclined, but something this delicate I don't know if i should just tuck up my balls and take it to a garage and spit out $$?? <anyone know how much w/ labor?> or risk blowing my engine.....<so i hear>

so anyone that has any timing belt knowlegde please speak up because I'm all ears

the rotor wasn't spinning at all? make sure it's till attached if so, pull the timing cover off and see if the belt is broke. if the belt is broke then you are gonna have alot of problems.

i dont think he will. compression test it. fire a new belt on it. if your mechanically inclined , im sure this is within your realm of possibility , lol.

Archived