New Car At Dealership!

Repsol

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we're at it, a stock, non-turbo, non-s/c, 4 cylinder car (since you'd hold it against a car with double the cylinders).....

Congrats, now you've narrowed the playing field to Honda's and Toyotas and econoboxes. It's not the other manufacturers fault that honda can't get it's head out of it's butt long enough to realize what today's buyer is looking for.....if they can't get it n/a then maybe they need to look at a factory supercharger (like the JR or Comptech) or facotry turbo.

Bottom line is, it's only fair to compare stock vs. stock with cars in the same class.....it doesn't matter how it gets the power, only matter if it has the power.

/Rant (my rant is more towards Honda than it is toward you lceah, so nothing personal)

my point was that two cars can have different number of cylinders but make different amount of power per Liter...that's the way I would compare performance...oh and also torque/L...so we can compare our 4 cylinders to V6, 8... :D

my eyes must be going bad or something, because thats what i see......

no, its a 4 door civic with a wing

I'll state the obvious: it looks like a civic with a wing and "si" but has more power...better handling...lsd............. :D and even stock beats a list of cars (even some turboed ones)! I have a proven list :D hehe

my point was that two cars can have different number of cylinders but make different amount of power per Liter...that's the way I would compare performance...oh and also torque/L...so we can compare our 4 cylinders to V6, 8... :D

I'll state the obvious: it looks like a civic with a wing and "si" but has more power...better handling...lsd............. :D and even stock beats a list of cars (even some turboed ones)! I have a proven list :D hehe

Only factory turbo car I can think of a new SI beating is the 2.3L I-4 Mustangs and 2.3L I-4 T-Birds of old.

Maybe a massively poorly driven SRT4..MAYBE an STI that's going through his gears like 1/3/6.

with new SI stock I beat a turboed eclipse (a bit old but it was light and bouncy), Mustang GT (my friend's and he is slow at shifting...I drove that car and it wasn't impressive at all), older M3 (the driver was taking away too many hp's...but now he has turboed it), a few other cars...I don't remember anymore...a wrx (not STI) but that race didn't finish because of traffic...

It is just an Si with a Mugen bodykit and wheels. It's not a Mugen exhaust on the car, but most likely a HFP exhaust. The suspension may be upped a bit, but that's it and the LSD comes on both the regular Si and Mugen Si.

If anything, it's a better handling Si with oh I dunno, 2 more hp, if that (Honda itself sells the car without an increase in power whatsover.) The Mugen Si is all about the name...not performance. It's quite a letdown to anyone who considers themselves a fan of Honda, especially when the JDM Mugen Type R adds 15 more hp & drops the weight. EDIT: And has a better looking bodykit that prolly does more functionally than the racer-boy add on lip of the Mugen Si.

Archived