New Car At Dealership!

Repsol

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should note Ford put a setup similar to VTEC into their 32v Cobra motor's.

It's an IMRC system. I'd have to do a little reading being as I'm rusty on it, but it's quite a potent surge of energy around 3200 or 3300 rpm.

I love how everyone think Honda came up with Variable valve timing....so wrong.

As for hp per liter......welll

ITR = 1.8L/197hp = 109.44hp per Liter

STI = 2.5L/300hp = 120hp per Liter

EVO = 2L/286hp = 143hp per Liter

Should we compare torque per Liter next?? :)

I love how everyone think Honda came up with Variable valve timing....so wrong.

As for hp per liter......welll

ITR = 1.8L/197hp = 109.44hp per Liter

STI = 2.5L/300hp = 120hp per Liter

EVO = 2L/286hp = 143hp per Liter

Should we compare torque per Liter next?? :)

yeah but the sti and evo are both turbo. throw a turbo on an ITR motor and things change a lot

yeah but the sti and evo are both turbo. throw a turbo on an ITR motor and things change a lot

That's so not the point. She said comparing stock cars. What's next, gonna complain because that car next to you has twice the cylinders? The point is that the ITR is not boosted stock therefore it doesn't compete in such a comparison.

Yea, the ITR motor blows up. Lol @ boosting a high compression motor.

That's so not the point. She said comparing stock cars. What's next, gonna complain because that car next to you has twice the cylinders? The point is that the ITR is not boosted stock therefore it doesn't compete in such a comparison.

i didnt see the entire conversation i just clicked recent post. but yeah if youre comparing cars from the factory

I should have said "stock, non-turbo, non-superch. cars" :blush: lol

While we're at it, a stock, non-turbo, non-s/c, 4 cylinder car (since you'd hold it against a car with double the cylinders).....

Congrats, now you've narrowed the playing field to Honda's and Toyotas and econoboxes. It's not the other manufacturers fault that honda can't get it's head out of it's butt long enough to realize what today's buyer is looking for.....if they can't get it n/a then maybe they need to look at a factory supercharger (like the JR or Comptech) or facotry turbo.

Bottom line is, it's only fair to compare stock vs. stock with cars in the same class.....it doesn't matter how it gets the power, only matter if it has the power.

/Rant (my rant is more towards Honda than it is toward you lceah, so nothing personal)

Archived